Auto trany pressure sensor???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Auto trany pressure sensor????

Im normaly over on the Zuk board but Im trying to get my buddies Auto two wheel drive stepside 88 K1500 movin and I need to know what this part is.

First off its a 350 FI V8 thats been tweeked by Jasper and the Auto is Jasper also. It was leaking tranny fluid and wouldn't shift out of first. I really don't know jack about autos so I need some help.

It was leaking from what looks like a large oil pressure sensor. It's about 3" tall 2"dia round with one wire lead on top and a tranny fuid line on the bottom. It screws into a line on the driverside right next to the bell housing about 1/2 up.

We took it off b/c it was leaking and I welded it all up (just to keep it from leaking) and we put it back in. And it still won't shift out of second. Im assuming its a pressure sensor for the tranny fluid that is needed to shift????

Any help would be appriciated. We took it to pepboys and asked parts and a few jack assed mechanics,,,,,,as usual they didn't know ****!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 10:59 AM

Re: Auto trany pressure sensor????

You know, from what you're describing, the truck not shifting out of first, reminds me of the time we unplugged the VSS from the '96 2wd Tahoe. The truck wouldn't shift out of first.

Not a clue as to what's going on with your buddy's tranny.

[ QUOTE ]
We took it off b/c it was leaking and I welded it all up (just to keep it from leaking) and we put it back in. And it still won't shift out of second. Im assuming its a pressure sensor for the tranny fluid that is needed to shift????

[/ QUOTE ]

If you welded it all up and installed this sensor and it still isn't working like it should, seems like several things:

1) That sensor is broken
2) You don't have enough fluid in the tranny
3) That sensor is not the problem

You said the tranny is a Jasper, call them and have them figure it out.

Any pics of the sensor. I'm having trouble visualizing and I'm too lazy to walk outside or grab the Chilton's [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

The sensor is deffinatly screwed. I welded it up so that it's now just a plug to keep it from leaking. Im trying to get a pic right now. Im pretty sure thats what it is. It's the only thing that was leaking and thats when this all started. Thanks anyway man. I'll figure it out,,,Its just a beater anyway he's got a 2003 now anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:41 AM

Is the tranny a 700R4?

I just went and crawled under my truck when I took the dog out, but not really sure what to look at [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Hey,,,thanks bro. Im just going to have to take some pic's tonight. I doubt he even knows what tranny it is.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,,,thanks bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

HEHEHE he is a she......I thought she was a he at first too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img] Now I hafta be nice and stuff since I found out there is a lady around... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headspin.gif[/img]

What's up mug? First one from the Zuki board I've seen over here [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I'm a Chevy guy at heart even though I hang at the Zuki board mostly like you....kinda slow over here [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Shift solenoid maybe? Common problem with GM trannies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode