my truck a parts truck????? no freakn way - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

my truck a parts truck????? no freakn way

since i blew my motor a year ago things have been kinda out of wack. orderd the ORU brackets, cut all ifs junk of the frame, bolted on brackets. bolted on leaf springs, built a HP d44 probly 3 times, tossed it under the front, machined p side knuckle. bought a 350,.

bought all i need to do is get some 4" rear springs, brake lines and finsihs the steering and drop the motor in and shel be rolling.

i want to finish the 89, its my first ever vehicle and just plain is me. it looks more like a truck out of the 4wd mags due to all the dents and dings. rocker panells have seen hell, doors and bed sides are wavy. frames bent.

this truck is your base model chevy. roll up windows. no ac nothing real cool. but that kinda has coolnes facotr to.

k heres the deal. i just came across a found out its 91. reg cab long bed 6 lug 2500(1/2t) runs and drives, auto tranny, power windows door locks has ac, it even works,. body is emaculate. i dont know that theres a dent on it.

color is silver and blue, with grey sealer showing all over the place.

ive been debating this from the start. leave this truck completly stock for right now. keep building my 89 untill i h ave the front end ready to roll. i could drop a motor in and itl drive down any traill i want without haven to adjust or dink with it.

basicaly id use my 89 as the template to build off of before i toss everything under the 91.

i keep haveing this voice in the back of my head say its not the same, and to just build the 89 as i had originaly planned. since its not far from being done anyways.

thats where im at wich is kinda nowhere. with two trucks and car to try and take my money i keep haveing a hard time getn anything done.

Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 02:20 PM

Re: my truck a parts truck????? no freakn way

I say tinker with your 89. Finish what you have planned for it. You know you can drive and beat on that truck and don't need it as a daily driver. Then you have a perfectly good 91 to cruise around in. You've already put so much into the 89 to not finish it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

everythng ive put into the 89 will work on the 91. then that would mean the 89 would be just a parts truck, tranny could be swapped over. have a spare rearend. there isnt realy a hole lot that is good. body parts wouldnt ever be good for anything.

your right i should go with my gut instint and finish the 89

thanks
Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

made up my mind,

got kickn around the garage and tripped over the front diff that came out of the 89, immmmm like hmmmmmmm, why not get 410 ring n pinion some new seals and clips. some bearings stuff it all toegether. get lift for the 91. steal the moog front end parts that came of the 89. toss the lift on with the rebuilt front end. then sometime get the re gear on the rear done. maybe do the 3 bolt idler mod to. hmmmm

a 4" rancho set to 4"S(maybe 5"s if i get gutsy and want to run 37"s) trimmed bumper and 35x12.5s on steel 15x8 black rockcrawlers would look killer

it would be pretty sharp sitn like that. thats almost exackly how the 89 is sitn right now but on a solid front axle

for some reason im afraid to run 35s with a 1/2ton tranny and 373 gears, even though most of it will be street driven [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Evan
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 12:15 AM

get the '91, keep it stock as a driver. My daily driver is a '90 6 lug 4x4, 350, 4 speed stick. Great truck, 138k on it right now, had it for 15k, fixed a fuel line, 4x4 actuator, and alternator, maybe $200 into it on top of the $1500 phurchse price. I get 15mpg daily drving, around towing and short 20 miles of 55-65mph. It will tow your other turck too, not super fast but it will do it safely. Daily driving your trail rig blows.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Tstyles33

You're really really really stupid if you take an' part out an already beat to **** truck to beat an immaculate truck to ****. Look you've got a wheeling rig you're not afraid of smashing to all kinds of hell might as well keep it that way. My personal opinions here, if I got a new truck I wouldn't want to put dents, dings or anything like that in it. Combine that factor with the factor of having already built the 89 and it just seems like a waste of hours and time, not to mention money.

My two cents.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 08:32 PM

Speaking of two cents, do what you want to do. Its your stuff, you know what you want to do with it and you have the check book. Build it and then go romping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode