cold air intake - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 08:50 PM
yeko

cold air intake

What cold air intake would you recommend for a for a 91 2500 an AEM or K&M. Also do they make a dual cold air intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Miller

Re: cold air intake

go to ramairbox.com

youl find the box to build dual cold air kit from.

id sujest either a k&n or the ram airbox. i personely like the k&N exstreme open element filter with a filter precharger wrapped around it. sucks way more air than cold air kit but at the cost of not being cold. but that relitive since were getting to summer time heat here pretty quick.

on a side not ive noticed no perfromance gain from the exsteme filter over stock. but it does make cool whislting noice and sucks more air through the filter top than the sides.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 12:38 AM

I was just about to say Ram Airbox too. I have the dual air intake on mine and it's worked fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Miller

yeah your set up is pretty cool.

you got it from AJM didnt you? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 02:55 PM

yup, he wanted to a stock intake system and I wanted his, so it worked out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 05:52 PM
yeko

Thanks for the great info:

Take a look at this link www.turbocity.com/default.php?cPath=17_25 Part # 560-109 would that work.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 07:18 PM
yeko

Shorts: Your setup looks great. Did you notice an improved mpg with the dual box. Also can you elaborate more on how you dealt with the drivers side installation (did you headlight still work right after the install.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 12:41 PM

Of course my headlight worked after the install. I didn't do anything related to the wiring. All I did was remove the headlight to get room to drill three holes in the bracket. That's where I attached the intake duct/bracket with small sheet metal screws.

MPG, sure it went up a touch. What was more noticeable was the the top end and acceleration. If I had the truck 70+, it ran much easier.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

this would work with some custom bent exhaust pipe or flex tubeing or something of the sort.

id prefer bending some expipe and sticking the filters behind the grill. or if you have room build box on each side of the radiator. route the filters to there then make sure its open from the front so air is forced into the intake. i planned to do this at one time. but radiator size eventualy got in the way ounce i swapped in bigger unit. this wont work on alot of trucks due to radiators behing to wide.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 12:54 AM
yeko

What do you do about your preheater hose on these setups
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode