Will my new WHEELwork? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 04:30 PM
t61skyhopper

Will my new WHEELwork?

My vehicle:
2001 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Ext Cab LS

Hey everybody, i'm kinda new to the forums. Just purchased some items for my off road rig new Gears, Posi, Fabtech 6" susp., 3" body and some other toys as well.

Let me get to the point though
I just purchased wheels and I dont know if they are going to work with the tires I want. Probably should looked more into it.
My new wheels are:
Eagle Alloy Series 058 16x10 5 1/2 backspacing and -24 offset
Fabtech reccommends 4 5/8back spacing on their lift.

I'd like to run 36x13.50R16 Super Swamper IROKS with them for the trails. Maybe even the 37x14R16 IROKS will I have any horrible rubbing when turning.
anyway should I be looking for new wheels or am I good to go and just need tires?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Miller

Re: Will my new WHEELwork?

i dont know why your worried about rubbing with that small a tire.

14.5"s on 10" wheels are going to rub somewhere. wether your on 6 or 9"s of lift. id dump the body lift and run 37x13.5s and trim as necesary.

unless 5.5" of back spaceing doesnt clear fabtecks spindles i dont see a problem.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 02:47 PM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

I would guess that they won't work. Usually, lift kits don't work with stock wheels, and if you have 5.5" backspacing... You basically have the stock offset. The only way to tell is to test-fit them, but you should probably take them back and get wheels with 4.5" bs or less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Miller

id definatly try them first. they might go. that tall spindle is the only issue i can think of. 5.5" ob backspaceing will be ideal if theyl work.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 12:48 AM
et250r

I think you will have to do major trimming to get 37's not to rub with only a six inch lift. I'd go body also so u dont have to hack up your truck.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 11:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

more often than not people pair body lifts with susp lifts because they like being lifted 9"S.

id have to dissagree about 37s needing lots of work to fit under 6"s of lift. i run 35s under 3"s. the only noticable difrrence is you can tell i cut alot out of the bumper. to clear it.

but to me id rather be lower with a big tire and have to trim than be to tall and clear without ever touching a grinder or anything to get them to fit.

it all comes back to the difrent strokes for difrent folks.

if you dont want to trim then im not positive 35s will work under a 6" lift. it will depend alot on the wheels ran.

i remember seeing shorts truck and we talked about it alittle that my 35s wouldnt fit without trimming under her 6" lift. and i was running them with 3"s. but we never mounted them to know for sure.

Evan
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 07:46 PM
MIsterE533

If i were you id buy fiberglass over fenders and solve the problem so you dont have to change anything except the fenders and save yourself the work of trimming stock ones and or buying or exchanging tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode