Tire Suggestions??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 08:56 PM
GMC_3500

Tire Suggestions???

ok, heres my delema.

I want to get 35x11.5 or 12.5 Swamper TSL radials or Swamper TrXus M/T, same size. I was also looking at the Swamper TrXus A/T, also same size because i run on the beach alot and there suposedly great in sand. Also, i dont want anythng to loud, but mild noise is alright. Currently, im running BFG M/T, 35x12.5. I was just wondering the Pro's and con's of these tires, if any. I really liked the BFG's, but was interested in these other tires as well.
P.S. i need load range D or E

Thanks a lot, GMC_3500

89' GMC 3500 Reg. Cab
454 tbi
4in ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT
35in BFG M/T's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Veteran

Re: Tire Suggestions???

The TrXus M/T and A/T both have a 3640 lb rating for 35x12.5x16.
I didn't see any 35x12.5 TSL radials listed but the 36x12.5 was also rated at 3640 lbs.

BFG 315/75/16 is listed as 3195 lbs. so any of the tires listed should meet your weight rating requirements.

I have not used either of the tires, so I can't make any comment on how good or bad they perform.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 11:07 AM

I recently got a set of 31" trxus M/T's on my Samurai and love them. They are surprisingly quiet on the highway....can't comment on wear and stuff yet but so far so good.

One note....they are supposed to be much better on wet pavement/snow/ice than other MT's due to siping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 10:16 PM

The Trxus ATs are by far the stupidest tire ever produced. And if you are worried about noise, stay away from anything that says Super Swamper. For what you are describing, you need an AT tire. Try the BFGs.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 08:35 AM

Well I don't know from experience....BUT I bet the trxus AT's are louder on the pavement than the MT's....they just look like they would be to me anyway....plus I DO know that the MT's are incredibly quiet like I said above.

I have run many AT's (including BFG's) and MT's (had a set of Baja's [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] and they were SUPER noisy and hard to balance) and in the few weeks I have had the 31" trxus MT's I can say that I like them the best of them all. Keep in mind my experience is based on running them on a 2300lb vehicle, not a full sized truck. They replaced 33" Mud Kings....which were pretty noisy and really heavy! As far as the the heavy comment goes....I realize I went smaller but there is not that much difference between the 33" Mud Kings (measure about 32") and the 31" trxus MT's (Measure about 31")

With any mud tires....keeping them balanced and wearing evenly is a MUST for keeping them as quiet as possible. If you don't rotate religiously you WILL end up with uneven wear and noise eventually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode