Truck Pics of work done so far. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Truck Pics of work done so far.

Here are some pictures of the work I have done so far and just some general pics of my truck. So far I have undercoated the rear and front RH sides, still have the LH side to go and I have a pic of what it looks like now. I have installed new 6" springs in the back, along with new shocks (thanks to shorts for the great deal on them) [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Still have plans to install new bushings in the front end as well as replace some worn out parts and have a few of the brackets powered coated. I did have my nerf bars blasted down and powered coated. I stripped all the clear coat off the wheel, but still have to polish them up. They look a ton better already. I also plan on doing away with the ABS and still have to install a new tranny. So far I have plans to buy one for TCI when I get some cash saved up. Hope you enjoy the pics. I will be adding more from time to time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 04:02 PM

Re: Truck Pics of work done so far.

Where are the pics?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Umm well they were there.....

Truck Pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 06:46 PM

I wish i had that shop in my backyard...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

It does come in handy thats for sure [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].... Its acutally not in my backyard but at our business. Its our service shop...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 01:44 PM

What are you using to make the undercarriage look so "New". Is that regular spray paint (which I don't think it is), Por15 or something else?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

I got it at wal-mart. It's in a spray can, its called truck bed liner / undercoat. It seems to be pretty tough stuff. I made sure wash and prep the frame really well, and primed it before i sprayed on the undercoat. If you need to the name of it just let me know. I think its the only stuff wal-mart had like this.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 07:20 PM

The name of it would be great. I would like to do this during this upcoming summer. I am thinking about buying a an air tool sander. Sand the frame of junk and grime and then apply this stuff to it. How much is each can? How many cans did you get?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 10:06 AM

If memory serves me right it is Duracoat brand....I use it for odds and ends. It makes a good alternative to spray paint....goes on thicker than paint but thinner than most bedliner products. It is like $4 or $5 a can...

It did peel off my garage trash can lid (small drum) after a few months, although I didn't prep it at all, I was just goofing around getting a feel for how it sprayed when I did it...

I did the underside of my old CJ years ago with black rustoleum....trick was I brushed it on instead of sprayed. It worked like a champ and held up way better than spray.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Its call Dupli-Color Truck Bed Coating. Comes in a blue spay can and i think runs about $3-4. I have used alteast about 6-7 cans so far. I did a couple coats in some spots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode