Dream rigs, what're yours? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Tstyles33

Dream rigs, what\'re yours?

03-05 Black.. Duramax.. 6 inch suspension lift.. 4 inch body. 38.5 15.5 super swampers.. Chrome plates running at the bottom, stainless steel bed caps and a stainless steel tool box. Four inch dueled out exsaust. Chipped, Bigger Injectors.. and god whatever else you can think of. I want it. And she's a crew cab. All customed up.. god i wish i were rich.

Haha that's my dream rig, how about you guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Dream rigs, what\'re yours?

About $40,000 so I can build a fourthgen F-body and a trail rig. About $15k into the trail rig and $25k into the f-body. Once you hit $15k into a trail rig either you made a ****load of mistakes along the way, bought the most expensive stuff you could find, or it isn't fun anymore.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About $40,000 so I can build a fourthgen F-body and a trail rig. About $15k into the trail rig and $25k into the f-body. Once you hit $15k into a trail rig either you made a ****load of mistakes along the way, bought the most expensive stuff you could find, or it isn't fun anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you just want to get down the hardest trails you can find... I don't think I've ever wheeled with trucks with less than 15k in them...

If your talking just a cut up truck that can take you down dirt trails around the local mountains then yeah.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 05:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmm tough one, I think about this weekly.

Daily driver I think would be an '05 GMC K3500-SRW (Crew Cab, longbed, SLT, LLY Power Package). Things GM would do for me:

Rubber floor covering, floor shift transfer case, dual alternators, engine block heater, two-tone paint w/silver upper, green lower, gray leather interior, pickup box delete.

Things I would do for it:
Pro-tech aluminum flatbed. SFA by ORU w/ProRock60 by Dynatrac (4.56s, Detroit, 35 splined), 2.5" springs in the front, shackle flip + 2.5" rear springs. Mickey Thompson Classic IIs 17x9 with 37" Wrangler MT/Rs. AFE Air Intake, Edge Juice w/Attitude controller, 4" single exhaust, maybe 3" true dual, ATS Stage V Allison, ATS Level 4 Duramax upgrades. Custom front bumper built by someone; haven't found one I like, that doesn't stick out a foot and a half, it needs a winch mount for a MileMarker hydraulic 2-Speed 12,000#.

Then I would go find the muddiest, most rutted pivot road and dominate the mofo. After spending a week removing all the mud, that'd be the last time.

As for my '83...I just don't know. It's completly original w/400k+ miles, except for the motor. It's got a decent 400sbc in it now, but I'm eventually going to ditch that. The motor of the moment that I'm drolling over is the ZZ383/425 crate engine by GM with an Edelbrock MPFI Vortec Series fuel injection kit on it. $7,000 would do it for me, about $4,400 for the engine & $2,200 for the MPFI + whatever other parts I'll need. I was originally thinking about K30 running gear since it's got a 10bt and 14sf. Now I'm debating on refreshing the existing axles with Superior 4340 axles, ctm joints, and some kind of traction device.

I just need to win the lottery and call it good. I'd like a trail rig too, I just need to spend about...oh, 9 months reading everything on POR before I know what I want.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 06:24 PM

another IFS [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Anyway, it'd be a Dodge CTD SWB QC, dk grey or black cloth interior, black or dk blue exterior, dk tinted windows, full replacment bumpers and grill guard, preferrably Ranch Hand, big rack (yeah fruedian slip intended) and rails, black tool box, black nerf bars, rear sliding window, spray in liner, small lift and 33s (maybe 35s if I feel ambitious). Forget duals on a diesel, I'll put a big 5" along with a Banks system [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

...that's all I want. Just your typical truck.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 02:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

[ QUOTE ]
[img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
YEAH, PUKING RALLY!

I wouldn't mind a CTD, but damn, ya get a Dodge with it.

hehehehe...Shorts wants a big rack...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 12:48 PM

lol If I could get the chevrolet interior, dodge SFA, CTD, i'd do it. but from what I understand DC and GM don't swap parts [img]images/graemlins/codger.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 03:47 PM

Have had this picked out a log time ago...

2005 F-450 Lariat 4x4 Powestroke w/ a dually pickup body
White or pewter gray, gray interior
4R100 beefed up, as well as alot of mods to the engine
Banks performance package, 5' exhaust, autometer gauges
locker in the front and back, BFG Muds terrains, slightly bigger than stock, warn locking hubs
ranchand front and rear bumpers, warn 16.5 winch
lightforce lights on bumper and on headach rack.

So much more....
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
YEAH, PUKING RALLY!

I wouldn't mind a CTD, but damn, ya get a Dodge with it.

hehehehe...Shorts wants a big rack...

[/ QUOTE ]

I must say, there is a night and day difference between 2g dodges and 3g dodges... My grandfathers 99 dodge 3500 ctd rattles, shakes, and falls apart and the seats suck. My truck is quiet, tight, comfy seats, and looks prettier. Interiors are way nicer designed too [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:33 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you just want to get down the hardest trails you can find... I don't think I've ever wheeled with trucks with less than 15k in them...

If your talking just a cut up truck that can take you down dirt trails around the local mountains then yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it all depends. Most people when they build something it takes like 5 tries.

$3500 on the front axle
$1000 on the rear axle
$1000 on a 465/241/SSYE
$1000 on a TPI 350
$2400 on 44" TSLs with beadlocks
$1200 on coil sprung front suspension
$1200 on coil sprung rear suspension

That still leaves you a few grand to screw around with. We're talking about a hobby, not a competition rig.

When I get done "building" the K5 I'll have everything but the axles to do anything I want. I'm still barely on schedule for the $2000 budget. I'm not all that interested in a coil setup and can't see myself spending the money on coilovers. So, I could run long leaf springs and spend the money on a LS1 instead of going coils.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode