looking for some seat ideas - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

looking for some seat ideas

well the last 10 years have been kinda rough on the seat in my truck. its getting uncomfortable to travel long distances in it and i need to do something about it. i don't know if i want to stick with the bench seat. 2 seats is fine with me so buckets would be alright. i guess my options are used out of a donor truck, or perhaps racing seats. there are a lot of them outt here and i know noithing about them if they are comfortable that mught be the route to go, but "race" and "comfort" dont necessarily go hand in hand.
if any of you have any ideas, toss em out. I"m all ears.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 11:01 PM

Re: looking for some seat ideas

Mastercraft makes the nicest seat I have ever seen or sat in! I had the pleasure of checking them all out at the latest CalROCS comp I judged and they are soooo comfy. Ordering a set for my truck soon [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 11:25 AM

I second the MasterCraft idea. They make all kinds of seats (tall, short, wide and narrow). Mounting is the only issue you're going to have with them (since they are not "stock").

And the do make pre-runner seats, which are plenty comfy!

Now, do you want five-points with that? [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Can't Get Enough

MasterCraft are good. Red Art Beard seats are good too. I haven't sat in one, but Kartek.com sells their own brand seats, and they are cheaper than Mastercraft or Beard.

Or you can hit the junkyards and e-bay. I scored a 3rd row for my suburban for $31 on e-bay.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

yeah, after visiting the mastercraft site i said to my self "self, deal with the pain you frickin sissy"
i checked out ebay and saw a lot of stuff on there. plenty of racing seats. i just dont know if they are comfortable in general.

i think I"m going to try to get a set of bucket seats for a J-yard or e-bay....or rebuild my bench seat. and god damnit I"m going to build a frickin center something for my arm to rest on. i dont need it there to shift anymore, but i cant have the thing flopping allover the place. it needs to be resting on something.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 01:08 PM
MikeH

peacock - i put in some mastercraft seats a few years ago. i linked the original thread when i posted back then below. some of the pics show up for me and some dont so i can upload em again from home (think i still have em on the computer). i got the mastercraft pre-race ones and they are badass! way more comfortable than any other bucket ive sat in. they surround you and support you perfectly. i had the same idea as you and searched everwhere for either buckets from a factory truck or aftermarkets and couldnt find em for less than $1000. this turned out way better. i took out the carpet and put in a vinyl floor, put the bucket in and built my own center console.

http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/s...rue#Post531378
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the post mike. good to see you back onthe board. only a couple of the pics showed up for me so if you could repost them i'd appreciate it. I'm in no big rush though, so dont put yoiurself out any for it.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode