Cats - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 09:07 PM
indigoblue

Cats

Ok I'm a new guy so if this has been covered I appologize. My question is who offers an aftermarket y pipe for the '98 chevy Z71. Alos who makes a decent cat?
I ask local shops and they all tell me they can't do universals I need to go buy my original set up from the dealer. Yeah right. Now where do I go from here guys. And my budget is not endless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 09:44 PM
bowtie_guy

Re: Cats

What type of engine do you have??

A 5.7 litre will have true duals into the stock muffler then turns into a single.

A 5.0 litre will have the y pipe going into one cat and so on.

I have a 350 but took off the exhaust and install new pipe from the manifold back. For cats I bought two magnaflow cats. You can get an awsome deal from performance peddler. Search the e-bay store for the name. Real good prices.

After doing this all and keeping all 4 o2 sensors the ecm had no problems and no SES light came on.

Up here it doesn't matter but that's what I'd do if I were you. If you are limited by laws then I guess you would have to find an aftermarket y pipe.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i think vortech makes a better flowing Y pipe for our chevys

its not vortech, its MAC im waitn for the damn page to load right now so i can give you link to it

http://www.proficientperformance.com...pipes_gm_truck

theres a link im not sure where at in the site it will get you but there is all kinds of exhaust stuff on it and other stuff you may be interested in
check it out

Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 12:25 PM
indigoblue

I'm sorry I have a 5.7. With Grannatelli MAss air, MSD 6al, Hypertech programmer (which stinks I might add), and K&N FIPK, Oh and the throttle body spacer.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 05:49 PM
indigoblue

Also does anyone know what the measurments are on the cats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode