brake upgrade - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 09:31 PM
somudo

brake upgrade

hey right now im running 15x10 ultra rims and i was wondering if there are any brake upgrades even though my wheels are on the small side. i've heard most upgrades for 17 inch rims but im just looking for something for safety. just in case someone jams in front of me i have that extra oomph to help me slow down so i dont pay an arm and a leg to fix my baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 11:00 PM

Re: brake upgrade

you could always upgrade your calipers to a 2 piston and or get an entire brake fluid flush. I will be doing that in the next few months. Gotta wait for my tax refund
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 08:11 AM

Also, since you list an '88, a disc brake rear conversion can help.

I mis that about my '98 S-10, but...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 09:46 AM

check out the Raybestos Brute stop pads and rotors. I have a buddy that has some of those on his truck and he loves them. I think that after I get my rear axle together I will be ordering some for the front. I believe the rotors are 110 a wheel [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. Kind of expensive but will stop better. There are also some manufactures that offer larger calipers. I don't know about clearance with 15's but it maybe something to look into.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 05:38 PM

i too am a fan of raybestos pads. i used to get them free when kayla still worked for DANA axle corps. they own wix, spice, raybestos and some otehr companies. they would send axles over to their mechanical testing division to be broken and tested and often they would include the brake parts. just so happened that they made a mistake and shipped them a bunch of pads and shoes. some of them matched my truck so i got em for free...delivered [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] buuut she doesnt work there anymore [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:27 PM
somudo

do you know a place too look up the rear brake disc conversion for prices. my brake fluid is actually pretty good just needs to be bled.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Switch to dual piston calipers on all four corners and put ceramic pads on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode