Frequently asked questions? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 05:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Frequently asked questions?

I am going to be buying a Tahoe or Yukon sometime in the near future as a daily driver/later to be off roader. Is there any place that has a frequently asked questin section on these vehicles. It won't be a brand new one so I want to see what the changes are year to year and what ever else I can learn proir to making a purchase. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 07:09 PM

Re: Frequently asked questions?

Check out consumerguide.com. I found some good information on other vehicles there, especially history and year-to-year changes.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 08:34 PM

The tahoe/yukons where 95-99 (00 for limited and Z71 model) and the new body style was 2000+ (01 for Z71). The 2 door tahoes were only offered 95-99.

The 90's one had the tried and true 5.7l 350ci V8, while the new ones either have the 4.8l or 5.3l. The new ones feel quicker unloaded, but i like the good ol' 350 for towing.

For a daily driver, i'd try and get a 2000 or newer. We had a 96 burb, and i have a 94 full size blazer (2 door tahoe in 95), and they are/were good. But besides the motor for towing, i like the 01 tahoe we got a lot better. A lot smaller turning radius, and more comfortable on the road. Oh, and the 4 wheel disk brakes on the 2000+ are WAY better than the old disk/drums.

Anyways, if you have specific questions, just ask!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 10:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Click the search button below somewhere on this page and type in whatever you want to know. If you cant find it then just ask.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 02:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks a lot guy's this is just the kind of stuff I was looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode