pics of my pos - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

pics of my pos

but you gota click the link to see em.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/s...ight=IFSISJUNK

its nothing special just my truck poseing flexing the rear end, my motor shortly after getn it bolted together and dropped in the truck. offcourse tools ridn on the batter cause it wasnt quite finished all one day

IM not sure if in the pics its on 285s or 315s, either way it looks about the same cause I trimmed fit the tires. it still rides nose down, not t-bar crank.

the motor
its stock with a 249 comp cam. a it now has a K&N extreem bolted to the throttle body and shy a useless poweraid throttle body spacere that resting inder the tbi unit. other than that its stock, othe than single 3" exhaust with 50serious flowmaster its the last muffler Ive tried in awhile.
I also took all the emisions off the motor it has none what so ever now.

Im posting this cause Im bored as all get out. sitn here sipn on mudslide drink and thinking and trying to make some decisions on the truck future.

a few of you have seen these pics before so bare with me
ohhhhhhh the pics are on difrent forumn so dont be offended

enjoy
Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 01:21 AM

Re: pics of my pos

Hey Evan

Even though it's given you some troubles lately, I see from some of the pics that you enjoyed a lot better days with it. Trucks just don't last forever. Enjoy it while you can then trade it in for bigger and better.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 02:28 AM

Umm, doubt he would trade it in... I doubt a dealer would take it! But so far he's doing an sfa swap on it and making it a wheeler, but he changes his mind alot, but always seems to come back, he confuses me [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

blabhern

ohhhhhh shes gona last forever, i almost bought a dodge a year or so ago had thoughts of tradeing her in but that mileage being close to 300 thousand doesnt help my trade in value or the caved in right door and bed side. or smashed hood and grille.

shes gona last forever even I have to find a new frame somewhere done the road. and cab. yes the cab is getn a alittle tired.

jason

what do you mean I keep changn my mind, only almost put an IFS lift on it a few times.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 09:47 PM
alvaro3jr

How much difference did those engine mods make? What kid of gearing are/were you using with the 315's, and how did the truck run.

I really need some more power from my burban. Especially once the 315's go on.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

ummmmmmm thats kinda a funnything, not that you mention the engine mods and how it runs, I know for fact those 315s in pics.

I tossed 315s on a day before the old engine was jerked. it was fairly gutless but I didnt drive it enough to make comparison with the new motor.

my gears are 3.42s with sm465 tranny, 3 speed with a granny gear.

the new motor feels pretty decent, pulls pretty dang strong through the mid-top end. but at lower engine rpm like below 2grand its fairly slugish, but still isnt that bad due to the 4 speed tranny.

i oughta have 4.10s here in a week or so, then shel be an all together difrent running truck.

ohh I get right at 18mpg on freeway set up the way it is.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 01:53 PM

hey Kid

on your first post you sounded kind of down on your truck but now I see you really like it and have put lots of time into it so keep enjoying it.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 10:07 PM
alvaro3jr

I have 3.73's and some weenie tires on right know with a 4l60. It's ok, but not enough for my taste. Not that I'm into spinning the tires, but I couldn't even if I tried. I've been reading some sights on some vortech heads, and they don't quite convince me as far as bang for the buck. Too much work needs to go into them for them to work right. I'm definately going with 4.56's as soon as I can.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

yes with an auto tranny go with the lower gears, 456 even 488 depending on the tire your running.

I only have 3 drive gears for the street. so I think stepn up to 456 woul knock my speeds to below 65 on interstate.

why not get the vortech heads and dart intake and oval out the center bolt holse to match the vorteck bolt pattern. the 4 center bolts are the only difrence.

i have got line a set vortech heads that I need to get bought before theyre gone. but I dont like the idea of running a iintake manifold desinged for carb with the tbi adapterplate.

unless you can get your heads very cheap the upgrade probly insnt wworth it and the 20horses wont ever be missed or noticed.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 10:44 PM
alvaro3jr

I think there is an intake that matches up vortech heads to tbi, but it's like $300+. So the only differences are the four center bolts...no problem. Nothing a die grinder can't fix [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Oh and BTW I am going to run 315's, hopefully by the end of this coming week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode