Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/)
-   -   More HELP please! (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/188025-more-help-please.html)

HOEBOGGER 03-01-2004 12:03 AM

More HELP please!

Me again. Thanks so much to eveyone for thier help with my axle questions. Im on the lookout for a good 14-bolt. I think I can grab one off of one of our old shop trucks. They're all early '90's chevy's. Now...for the new problem. I put the skid plate from BDS on the Tahoe this weekend. While I was at it I put on the Westin ultimate bull bar. I had to remove the bull bar skid plate. Great looking, it just took away from the new plate. Well the problem is, the truck is twice as loud, and 10x's as rough riding. Granted, Im on 35x14.5x16 Boggers, but Im used to that. This just started after I put on the skid plate. I did drive about 120 miles two ways, to a buddies house. Could that be it? Thanks for any help. Pics should be here next week. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

MSF 03-01-2004 12:12 AM

Re: More HELP please!

What exactly is louder? The exhaust? That couldn't be caused by a skidplate. Also the rough riding couldn't really be caused by a skidplate unless it interferes with the suspension movement. You might want to take a good look at it. But in general a skidplate won't do anything except help protect whatever is underneath it.
[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

HOEBOGGER 03-01-2004 12:20 AM

Yeah sorry, I should have been more clear. Its that shaky, vibration you get from boggers, but it's to the point that I can hardly hold on to the steering wheel. The noise is from the tires, it sounds like they're rolling sideways or something. Little crazy huh.

MSF 03-01-2004 12:41 AM

Air pressure in tires ok?
All lug nuts tight?
Been rotating the tires often?
Loose front end parts?
Broken belt in one of the tires would do it too.

u4ia4 03-01-2004 12:44 AM

also, thats a lot of tire on a half ton front end. when my truck grew up and started weraing 35s a steering stabilizer was added. makes it ride more like stock. as for noise, could be just about anything, but they are mud tires...they arent gonna be sneaky or stealthy

blabhern 03-01-2004 05:36 AM

How much does the bull bar weigh? I've had friends who put on aftermarket bumpers/ winches complain about the same issue, usually cause the new bumper is weighing down the front end. Maybe new heavier torsion bars? Just a thought