Anyone familiar with Superchips 2715 tuners? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 03:59 PM
MT_ZION_2003

Anyone familiar with Superchips 2715 tuners?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased and installed a superchips tuner for a 1996-2003 Chevy? If so could someone give me some help on installing a few things correctly? I have 285 75 R16 tires on my vehicle do I enter them as 28.5? 87 octane is what I plan to set the gas at due to the increase in prices. I also was wondering how to edit the shift points correctly. I would like them to shift smoother but the manual doesn't explain how to do this. At the moment my vehicle shifts at close to 6RPM's. I would like it to shift way before that if it's possible, what would I set them at? Or what is the correct setting for my vehicle? Do I raise the speed limiter & the rev limiter to increase horse power or do I leave them at stock? I appreciate any information I can get.

Thanks,

MT ZION [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 04:46 PM
HOEBOGGER

Re: Anyone familiar with Superchips 2715 tuners?

You know what, I can't help you with any of that. Wish I could. But I greatly appreciate you asking, cause Im planning on getting the very same one in the next month or so. Lockers and new rear axle first. A good buddy of mine is going to show me how to do the install with mine. If he gets back in town w/in the next day or two I'll have him read this and see what he thinks. Sorry I couldn't be of any help yet.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 11:22 PM

Ok, lots of questions there, not sure i understand them all. Im guessing you have to enter tire height in inches, and 285-75R16 is a metric measurement. The equivalent measuremnt in inches is about 32.8.

As for smoother shifting, why? When a tranny shifts smoother, there is more slippage which = more heat. Heat is what Kills auto trannys.

Raising the rev/speed limiter doesn't give you more power, it just allows you to go faster than you should, and rev the motor higher than its designed to rev. I'd leave those alone.....
The speed limiter on your truck is like 98mph, thats way faster than you want to go in a truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 11:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Why the hell are there green words that have links on thm in every post???
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 12:49 AM

post about this is ingeneral discussion forum. basically its a pop-up that pop up blockers wont catch. i dont mind it cus you have to click it to get the BS advertisements. so let it be green, i can rad it regardless. I"d rather have it this way than hjave pop up all the frickin time
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 01:00 AM

Add this to your HOSTS file in Windows:
127.0.0.1 itxt.vibrantmedia.com
This entry will get rid of the green links.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 08:13 PM
MT_ZION_2003

Hello,

Thanks for the information. I just installed the chip, I put 32.5 for my 285 75 R16 tires since you cant put 32.8. Is this correct size to put them at after converting them from metric to inches?

Thanks,

MT ZION
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode