Back from the dead ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Back from the dead ?

It's probably been about a year since I posted on this site [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
I changed Jobs, and of course computers, and lost my login info. But today I went through a box of junk from my old job, and found my login info and passwords and stuff. So I am "Back from the dead" [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]

Does anyone here remember me? [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 09:56 AM

Re: Back from the dead ?

Yeah, I remember the name. It has been a while. Welcome back. It has been a little slow around here lately.
Michael
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 10:17 AM

scooby dooby doo...you're back man. good to see you again. whats happenin with the new job and what not. how have things been?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

well I got in an accident with the Chevy 90 1 ton excab I had when I was posting before. It was totaled. I posted pics way back then. But then I switched jobs still at Honeywell but a different division, different building, and everything. Moved into a new house. Seems like everything is different.
Worst of all I committed a cardnal sin which I feel I must confess [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
I bought a Jeep [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
It was fun for awhile, but the damn thing break A LOT !!!
once I fix the most recent breakdown, it's getting sold. And I'll be buying another CHEVY. Time to come home to what I know and love! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
maybe a Streetrod, maybe like a 52 style chevy pickup? maybe another 4x4 like a 67-72 ? I dont know ??? I'll have to see what kind of deals present themselves?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 10:59 AM

haha, i know where you might be able to get a decent deal on a 66 panel truck.
37K original miles, and it great frickin shape.
pops sold it to some guy over a year ago and he has enver taken dlivery of it. i think he is in the slammer or something. we'll see though. if its still in our families posession, pops doesnt want it, and i dont have the time or money to build it like it should be. I"ll keep you informed.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:30 PM

Hey Scooby:

I haven't been around long enough to remember you but sorry to hear about your misadventures with the jeep. I just went through an 81 CJ7 that the wife still rags on me about. I'll tell you what though, when they are running, they are a blast. Can't be the short wheelbase when on rocks and stuff.

What jeep do you have and what you looking to get for it? I've got friends still in the jeep'n.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Welcome back, I sure do remember.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 05:01 PM

heehee SCOOBY!!!! uhuh...sure you expect all of us to believe that you got a new job and house and jeep.....pssshhhh [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

wanna buy my truck? i'll sell it to you in May [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] New job, new house, new Jeep = same ol' Scooby [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I guess I cant complain too much bout the Jeep it's an 89 and everything I have had to replace is normal stuff that wears out. Radiator, Battery, tranny mount, motor mount, etc... It just seems something to have some type of sensor on my wallet, it only breaks when I don't really have any money to fix it right away
Right now there is a noise from the flex plate/ torque converter area. (I am praying it's not IN the tranny)

The short wheelbase is GREAT !!! but I'll tell you what I don't like about Jeeps, If you want to get serious with it, you cant really upgrade one thing at a time.
Example:
$: Jeeps come with little tires. So they need bigger tires. say 35"s Bigger tires need bigger wheels.
$$: so you need to buy 15X10's wheels
$$$: Bigger tires will require a lift, If you want to lift it right you must "spring over axle" but there is no point doing all this work with the stock axles because they will just break.
$$$$: so you must buy stronger axles like a 8.8 or d44 but those will have tall gears,
$$$$$: so you will need to re-gear them. Well if your already into the axle this is the time upgrade,
$$$$$$: so you have to buy Lockers. But this "short wheel base" now causes terrible angles on the very short rear drive.
$$$$$$$: so now you need a slip yoke eliminator so that you can get you drive shaft a few inches longer. But now your drive shaft will not work.
$$$$$$$$: so now you must buy a CV joint rear drive shaft.

Buy this time you realize, why they say Just Empty Every Pocket

The top upgrades to do to a Jeep, = Full width axles, chevy small block eng, chevy auto tranny, lengthen the wheel base. Then you realize you just spent $20K to turn a Jeep into a BLAZER [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Koz has an AA SYE and cv rear driveshaft for a NP231/1310 series for $410. www.kozscustomfab.com

I've recently been struck with the Jeep syndrome myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode