Vent Visors - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 08:56 PM
v65Magna

Vent Visors

Does anyone here have experience/recomendations for window vent visors? I am looking at a set that mount in the window channel instead of being taped/glued on.

Also, is there any preferences for the Haynes or Chilton's manuals? or should I get both? I can get genuine GM manuals at cost thru a buddy, but I have not inquired about the cost yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 09:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Vent Visors

I have the stick on vent visors. They work great in the rain also in the summer. You can crack the window a little while your at work or whatever, and it keeps the heat down without anyone trying to break in.

I have the Haynes manuel. Just get which ever one floats your boat! [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 09:11 PM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

I have the stick on ones (ventvisor) and love them. But you can get the snap-on ones through just about any big-name retailer. I think JCWhitney and Stylin' Concepts both have em'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 09:11 PM

I have autovisor or whatever its called from autozone... Can't beat $29 for ventvisors. Very durable and look sleek to
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 07:42 AM

Dad bought the Weathertec ones for his 2002 1500. He likes them. Really easy to install. Just pop in one side, and then sort of bend it into the channel on the other side, then roll the window up until it seats in the channel!

They don't stop the rain from coming in, but they certainly do help.

They're about $40-something, but are good quality.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 08:14 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I like Auto Ventshade ones. You use 3M tape to stick it to the outside of the window seal to hold them on. I don't like the ones that go in the seal because that just doesn't seem like a good idea.

All the vehicles my parents and I have owned you could leave the window open 3/4" and never get water or snow inside whether moving or parked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode