Way O/T but wanted to ask anyways - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Way O/T but wanted to ask anyways

I am going to build a beer pong table (gotta love college) this summer and am in search of beer bottle caps. I am purchasing some off ebay right now but also wanted to know if some of you have beer bottle caps that are laying around or are collecting but don't necessarily need them. I don't have any preference but brands, just as long as they are in good condition, such as not bent....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 02:39 PM

Re: Way O/T but wanted to ask anyways

when you make it, lay it out first and see what you want it to look like. on mine i put a big block "S" in the middle because i go to michigan state. then you'll have to use a drop of super glue on each one of them to glue them to the table. when you're all done with that you can pour the liquid glass on top of them. now obviously it will want top run off, but thats why you were smart and built borders on the table. i used cardboard for mine and it didnt work for [bleep]. the liquid glass soaked into the cardboard and i couldnt get it all off.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 02:39 PM

Heh, sorry don't have any. Good luck though. How do you find non-bent ones if they're not twist off's? Don't they normally bend when you remove them?

Man its been a while since i cracked open a beer....... [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 03:01 PM

you can twist a beer cap off with your bare hands...i can twist a beer cap off with my bare hands [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] if not, put it in your shirt then twist it off.....viola`! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:00 PM

i think comp was refering to the not twistable beer caps/ and if you use the wall mounted beer cap removers, they do not bend the caps enough to damage them severely.
most bars do not twist off the twist ofs, they use the wal mounted thingy cuz its easier and agruably faster,. you might want to check the local watering hole and see if they have some you can have. most of them will havea small garbage can under the opener to catch the caps as they fall. I"ll start saving mine...in fact, heres one for you riiiight now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1259006-molsen cap2.JPG (24.2 KB, 4 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

peacock, is that triple sec or what kind of beer is that? I don't think I've ever seen that beer before so it makes me want to get it now. Do you have any pictures of your table by any chance?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I never thought of doing that with beer caps. I should start saving my Mike's Hard Lemonade caps again. They have words on the bottom and I could flip 'em over and make 'em say stupid [bleep].

Anyway, for your table edge problem...
It's just epoxy or plastic, right? If so, just use a fine-tooth saw blade in your Skil saw backwards to make it a nice edge. Then you use a emory wheel or a buffing wheel to put a nice clear edge on it.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 05:27 PM

a nontwisty one?? never heard of it. the way you take care of it is by taking a machete` to the end of the bottle, leaving the cap in tact. then later after you're done drinkin and you have time to sit, you can gently tap the rest of the bottle out from the top with a sharp chisel and heavy hammer [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 06:12 PM

its molsen tripple X. a very good beer by my standards. its a bit darker so its good i nthe winter. its quite similar to newcastle brown ale. anyways, its 7.3% alc. by volume. so it gtes you pretty trashed if thats your MO. i like it as a drink with my meal. it goes for about 12 bucks for the 12 pack.

as for table pics, i dont have any right now, but i can get some and post them up for you if you'd like.

as for the edge, yes the skill saw would work, but it loooks decent as it is so i just left it. i lost motivation

monica, yeah they do have glass bottle out there that do not twist off. ever had the heineken shorty bottles? most heinekens do not twist off. unless you're a very strong individual.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

peacock, that would be awesome if you could get some pictures... thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode