Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/)
-   -   Question on airaid's power aid spacer's? (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/186367-question-airaids-power-aid-spacers.html)

MT_ZION_2003 02-05-2004 08:05 PM

Question on airaid\'s power aid spacer\'s?

Hello,

I was thinking about purchasing a airaid throttle body spacer. I already have a airaid intake & I was wondering how much of increase of horsepower I will get with this? Am I better off to just get a superchip or hypertech power programmer to increase my horse power with my intake, or both. I will appreciate all the feedback I can get.

Thank you,

MT ZION [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

dhcomp 02-05-2004 08:38 PM

Re: Question on airaid\'s power aid spacer\'s?

Response on those is mixed. Some hate them, some have had good luck with them. But don't look for a huge power increse with just the spacer.

u4ia4 02-05-2004 10:20 PM

well, as much as i hate to be the bearer of abd new...you will see no gain from it. the idea behind the product is that "if you increase the distance that the fuel and air are mixed, then the mixture will be more 'blended'". well this theory works well in 95 and older vehicles. in 96 and new vehicles, the intake is before the injectors. so yeah, its great that you have it there, but sicne the fuel is added after the spacerr, you really didnt do.anything.
think of it likem this. if i am standing on an eight foot ladder (on which the manufacturer claims 6' is the safe height) and add anopther 2 feet. what did i really add? nothing, i am still standing at 6'

so for 96+ trucks ytou're wasting your money.
now for 94 and older trucks, the results are mixed. some say "whooohooo, good sh!t" some say it didn't do a dan thing. i choose to think it wont do much. i mean c'mon, one inch more of travel for it to mix and a 6,000 pound truck.....icant imagine it will make a very noticable difference. but some say it does. and to them i say "good for you cowboy" cuz if i got it it wouldnt do sh!t

The_Punisher 02-05-2004 11:30 PM

I would have to agree with u4ia4 on this. I don't think you would see a difference or if you did see a difference, it wouldn't justify the cost. I did notice a change when I put mine on, but I also have a TBI engine.

On this note, kind of, has anyone looked in the most recent Jegs and seen the throttle body velocity stack advertised on page 91? Does anyone have any information or opinions about it? I thought very briefly about picking one up for my dad's truck, but if it turns out to be a gyp, then I won't even bother.

4x4mike 02-06-2004 12:17 AM

Chip it. Get it done right. You may have to burn expensive gas but if you are looking for power it is your best bet.
Michael

The_Kid 02-08-2004 10:00 PM

didnt see any power increase on my 89 tbi motor. save yor money and buy gears or something

StickyIcky 02-10-2004 08:30 AM

My 97 Z71 has the Airaid Intake w/o spacer. Love it, but my Hypertech makes a noticable difference when set to us high octane. It also firms up your shifts, nicely...