alignment on a 6" superlift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 02:52 PM
bggrnchvy

alignment on a 6\" superlift

Ive had my superlift kit on 4 a while, since then after coming out of the water hole at Hollister i banged my torsion bar crossmemer on the cement and its tweaked about 3/8 of an inch to the left. I had the truck realigned and the #'s are in check but it still pull noticably to the left. Could the crossmember be causing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 09:38 PM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

Re: alignment on a 6\" superlift

Is it bent? It's hard to say though if that would affect alignment. If it got bent and made the lower control arm move then yes, but you ought to check it out up on a lift. Have you measured ride height left to right? Checked for loose front end parts? You might try getting it aligned somewhere else, or taking it back and seeing if specs are still in. I've had my truck aligned 3 times and the third it almost drove straight [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 10:27 PM

You dragged your crossmember? Heh, i have a stock blazer, and didn't even come close to hitting, gotta love short wheelbases in somethign like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 10:40 PM
bggrnchvy

The dirt just after the end of the concrete was dug away like a foot deep, thats why i hit. Yes my wheel base is a bit long and i could use larger tires, but watch the gloating and please try and help. In regards to the aliognment, it turned out to be a radial tire pull, i just rotated all the tires and it magically disapeared. Anybody here make a skidplate for the torsion bar crossmember?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 08:50 AM

it'd be pintsless. whatare you gonna hook it onto? and if you did makea skid plate, it'd just hang lowe and cause more problems for you,.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 07:52 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to gloat. It was washed out prettty bad when i was there too. Just never realized mine would make it somewhere a silverado wouldn't. Good to hear you got the pulling thing fixed. In terms of a skid plate, just check to make sure the spacers for the tbar crossmemeber are solid, and you should be fine. I think that crossmember will take some abuse.....
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 08:04 PM
bggrnchvy

Yea currently the spacers are 1/8 inch tubing on its side. Its side walls are now bulgin out. I was thinking i'd just replace them with a solid aluminum block. Any idea where to get some aluminum in block form?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 10:21 PM

any high school shop calss will have some or know where to get it. and tool and die shop should know as well.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 08:11 PM
monsterjim

Go buy a 6x8 piece of 3/8 metal and side it under there. Notch out where the link bars from the lift bolt on to tcase crossmember, Start trimming and cutting holes for the things that hang down, and depending on if you have dual or two in to one exhaust that sheet will fit up in there on top of the torsion bars and inside the frame rails enough to bolt it in a couple of spots. The reason for all the left over metal is then add aspacer to the sheet allready installed just in front of the tcase cross member so you can drop down below it and put another piece going back to about 3 inches past the cross member. I did it on a 96 model and they should be about the same. Or you could just try to find one from a z71 model chevy since they allready came with skid plates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode