Heads, Intake Manifold - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Bassin

Heads, Intake Manifold

I have a recently rebuilt 350 in my 91 K2500 with flat top pistons and a mild cam. It has the stock TBI heads and cast iron intake manifold. I am thinking of upgrading the heads and intake manifold, but I don't know which combination is the best to use. Anyone ever use the Edelbrock preformer intake and aluminum heads? What about the World S/R torquers? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 03:24 PM
ss350

Re: Heads, Intake Manifold

The stock heads are very restrictive, get different ones or port and polish them. I put the edelbrock intake and some ported and polished stock heads and I noticed a difference, but not like a supercharger or anything. You would see a bigger difference in ET at the track if you were to drag it. By the way if interested I have that intake used for sale. Along with some other parts.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 01:13 AM

Re: Heads, Intake Manifold

ss350, you got any pics of your truck? I am from the northern suburbs of chicago, but i am currently in Bloomington, IN attending Indiana University.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode