Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/)
-   -   Power Booster?? (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/185858-power-booster.html)

Shorts 01-28-2004 06:35 PM

Power Booster??

my brakes aren't working normal. loss of pedal pressure, but it comes back if i pump the brakes. MC is ok, although has that normal little seal seapage its always had....all brake lines are all fine...fluid is fine too. so, any thoughts? confirmations? offers to buy my truck? i'm tired of its crap. althoughby the time i get done fixing problems, I might as well keep it since it'll all be rebuilt [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]

ojhhhhh btw, my cdchanger is crappin on me too [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]

dhcomp 01-28-2004 06:39 PM

Re: Power Booster??

When the power booster goes out, it feels like when you try and push the brakes if the truck is not running. REALLY Hard to push. So i don't think its that.....

Shorts 01-28-2004 06:51 PM

no, the pedal goes down fairly easy with the truck off...at least i think so [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

willyswanter 01-28-2004 07:04 PM

If the booster went out you would have to push the pedal really hard but not any farther than normal... Sounds like an MC or leak.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Shorts 01-28-2004 08:25 PM

if anything, i'm hoping its the MC. everything else looks good and dry. the vac hose on the booster thing looks good to. any way to test the vac on that line?

uhh, scratch that. i got no vac tester and i'm an idiot for even asking how to test a vac line [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] sorry folks...long week!

blabhern 01-29-2004 02:02 AM

pumping the brakes usually points to air in the lines, but shorts, i know you've already done that. Maybe get it power bled at a brake shop.

Good luck with it.

Shorts 01-29-2004 06:43 AM

actually that crossed my mind as i was falling asleep. unfortunately, i can't get to it for work and school...although i might see if i can skip out of work for a while and get it done. otherwise, i got no time. i can't ride around withthe brakes like they are [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]