Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/)
-   -   1978 ford camper special, got smokin deal (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/185743-1978-ford-camper-special-got-smokin-deal.html)

The_Kid 01-26-2004 10:39 PM

1978 ford camper special, got smokin deal

me and a friend of mine picked up the ford today I went in halfs to buy it. its got a bigblock 400 C-6 tranny, 205tcase, a sterling rear axle, ohhhh but it didnt get the d60 grrrrrr ohhhhhwhell, its atleast high pinion d44. the motor runs barely and the tranny has seen better days. its cool though were robn parts off the truck i took my axle out of.

then ounce this old girl is going my chevy its getn tore apart, plans. plans I know but this should take much to get another c-6 or rebuild this one and freshn up the 400.

Shorts 01-27-2004 06:42 AM

Re: 1978 ford camper special, got smokin deal

well look what the cat drug in [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] what are doing up there with all these truck parts eh???

The_Kid 01-27-2004 11:29 PM

well all these parts are staying with this truck [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

its getn 4"' lift and 35s. fairly shortly after its running worth a darn and can m,ove with out pushing it

TONAWANDA454 01-28-2004 05:54 PM

Hey Evan, What 35's are you puttin on? Take my TXR's I want to go back to 38's. I may have the money to come down in a couple weeks for that bed and fenders, Frank said that they were in good shape, he said he would double check and call me back, I havent heard from him yet. Do you know what kind of shape their in?

The_Kid 01-31-2004 11:32 PM

if i remember right they arent dented or rusted, think i think that he might be wanting to get rid of the fenders and bed on the green chevy, (forest service green) if its the same truck hes talkn about then the fenders are supper straight. but theres enough truck in the yard that we can bolt the best ones on your truck.

what 35s are we gona run, Im not real sure, were workn on getn it running right now, tore the tranny and started tearn the motor out last night.

TONAWANDA454 02-01-2004 03:09 PM

Right on, I will be down this month to put that stuff on. We I will spend the weekend down there, I would like to primer my truck. What do you think?