Part Numbers and brackets - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Part Numbers and brackets

I am going to do a rear disc brake conversion within the next 6 or so months. Anyways, in order to accomplish this, I have a few questions. Yes, I have researched and can't come up with the information I want. Where is the best place to buy the brackets for my 10 bolt? Then on top of that, does anyone have part numbers on the rotors, calipers, etc... with emergency brakes. How much would it be for a company to install this? Or is it a couple hour job that a non mechanic could do? Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 07:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Part Numbers and brackets

WHy not just get a 10 bolt out of a new body style truck since it already has rear disks?!?!? Or go 14 bolt!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

A guy in the local club did this to his 2 door Tahoe. I did it on my SFA Chevy but I'm not sure if the parts cross over. He did it about the most expensive way possible except he didn't use Brembo calipers. Do a search on his username on FSC. It's "Wasted Income".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

The reason I won't get a 14 bolt or a new style 10 bolt is because it will ultimately cost me more. I figure I can spend around upwards of $600 on rear disc conversions, but would like to spend around 350-400. A used new 10 bolt can go for about $850 or so and a 14 bolt a little bit more than that from a junkyard located here around school.

Wrath, I will check that out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode