Bad news - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Bad news

Well I had shorts to a Carfax report on my truck, first thing that popped up was a rear impact on may 2000... Well that angered and scared me... So I noticed it had a Police case number, so I called them to see if they had a archive on it... Well after being transfered twice they said it wasn't a police number so try the Highway patrol... I did, and the woman was a complete bitch and couldn't speak english worth a crap, so she said called the Highway patrol's main office in tallhasse(capitol)... i did, and they transfered me a couple times before telling me to call another number, which told me to a call ANOTHER FREAKING NUMBER and finally after being transfered 2 times on it I got someone! So I gave him the number and my VIN and he said he had no idea how long it would take to find out... Suprisingly 5 minutes later they called back with information.... Ready??? Right Rear Impact with a total cost in repairs of $3000.00!!!!!!! I was like wooow wtf did they do? Well he didn't that much detail...
So what in the world did they mess up so bad that cost 3000 dollars? I looked underneath and its all straight looking... Hell that side of the bed had small hole in the fiberglass, clear coat peel on the rockers and various small stuff like that, which made me originally think it was original...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Zenonic

Re: Bad news

Well I hope for 3K you wouldn't be able to notice....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 03:56 PM

Im guessing this is on your Tahoe. 3000 isnt really that much. Figure the back doors go F'ed up enough to need new ones. Glass was broken out, side fenders bent, new bumper, posibley springs bent.

If this is that pickup you bought the box could of just bed Fubared all to hell, and was either repaired and repainted. Or a whole new box. I had a friend hit a barb wire fence with her car all it did was scratch the windsheild, back widowm, hood, trucklind and top of cab,. No real damage. But the insureance company almost totaled out the care because it was more to fix then the car initally cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 04:15 PM

Cody, 3k is easy when a body shop gets ahold of it... My truck just the little itty bitty crumpled bed side corner was over $2500... That was just to replace one bedside skin and thats it! Of course I just took the check and came up with a cool story to go with the crumpled area [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Drey, I'm talking my truck... The Tahoe had been gone since like may [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Wow that much Jason??? Considering shes a fiberglass bed and stuff I bet it just crumpled it and they replaced that side of the bed and maybe a tailgate... Which means it could be on its 3rd tailgate lol reason being if the first one died in the accident then the 2nd died when the guy I bought it from put a pallet of roofing on it and collapsed it, now the current one.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 12:07 PM
TheZenTree

yea, i had my rear brakes on my yukon checked a few months ago. turns out, the left rear backing plate was bent, and the bolt the brake shoes pivot on was bent. thats 1/4" steel. somehow, the left rear wheel got violently ripped off the truck. surprisingly, that little detail was "forgotten" while we were looking at the truck. it doesnt look like there was any body damage (either there was none, or the body man was REALLY good). im kinda curious as to how that happened. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode