what else do i really need? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 12:02 PM
alvaro3jr

what else do i really need?

I was able to pick up a set of baja outlaws 17X8 with 315's for pretty cheap. I thought it was a pretty good deal and could not pass it up.

Off to my question. I was able to scrounge a 6" lift from the junk yard for cheap. I have the diff, a-arm, and steering brackets. I know I need shocks (probably going rancho 5000's,) add-a leaf or blocks for the rear, and the brake lines.

I am going to get skid plates and stuff, but that is all going to be fabricated. I am going to get all new locknuts for the fastners, but what else do I really need. The strut bars going fromt he chassis to the front diff I want to fabricate.

PS. Price on the 315's very cheap. He has a couple more sets, let me know and I could provide a number. He is out in cali and shipping is expen$ive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: what else do i really need?

your gonna install a 6" lift you got out of a junk yards? [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]

Godd luck with all that! [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]

Laters, Ryan
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 12:21 AM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

If you're pretty confident about fabrication, you would have no trouble installing a new kit yourself. You'd save quite a bit doing that, and have the peace of mine that your ride was safe. But if you're dead set on it, good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 12:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

the new ifs lift kits are pretty much self explanitory, I helped a friend insteall tuff country new spindle lift on 94 chevy over the weekend. and it wasnt bad at all. the toughest part was the rivots holding the baljoints on, I was thinkn heck air chislel the head off and drive the pin through, ummmm nope ended up drill those ucker out. other than that everything bolted right in,

the other thing is I kinda stand how wide it made the fron end sit, probly close to 4"s wider than the stock weelbase
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode