Woo - got the Tahoe - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Woo - got the Tahoe

well, yesterday after running all over the area checking out truck, we went to the dealer with the '99 Tahoe - not looking to make an offer, but see if they had another 4dr on thed lot. Anyway, long story short, we ended up driving the truck home last night.

When Tim gets back from work, i'll get some pics and post em up for you kids to see.

........yes, this is the same fiance that was driving the Taurus(or Tore-ass) as a few of you have so eloquently put it [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] if you're wondering where that car went, well, so far, its at the shop after getting sideswiped last weekend in the ice. its sitting there as a mangled piece of its former glorious self. however, i am somewhat sad to see it go. as much as i made fun of it, its got some sentimental value(i know, i'm sick...sentimental value for a f*rd???) [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 11:54 AM

Re: Woo - got the Tahoe

Cool...did they come down in price?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

yeah, they asked what we thought was fair and wanted to pay for it and we gave them our lowest bid (of course, we had just be joking in private about telling them we just wanted to pay $1 for any vehicle) [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] the guy said take it for a spin and we'll talk when you get back. the guy hopped the price up by $280 and it was a deal. so, all in all, we got a fair price(according to the market value) for the truck.

tim had just been talking to them and mentioned that their price was higher than everyone else on that truck. that's how the offer came up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 02:36 AM

Ya going to take the guy out wheelin? Or do you think that he really needs an expensive hobby
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

well, he's got plenty of expensive hobbies, so, what's one more???? [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] yeah, i'll take him out after i get up there with him this summer. as for who's truck we'll take depends on where we're going. he's not to concerned with the action side of the truck yet. but i figure that's just a matter or time [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 01:11 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Oh ya take that rig out in the washington wheelin play ground, now thats the stuff [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Will you be keeping your old truck?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

ohhhhhh yes, i am keeping my truck. just cause he got one of his own doesn't mean mine goes away. besides, that'd make us a one-vehicle-couple if i did...heck no. you know, there has been recent talk from his mouth about putting my truck out to pasture. i think he's crazy.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Fly_Guy

This is Shorts' fiance, the proud new Tahoe owner. Just wanted to say hi, hopefully you'll all be accepting of a reformed Ford guy. On that note, if anybody has any experience putting in an aftermarket stereo, or of any good aftermarket center consoles, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 04:36 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Puttin' her out to pasture? NEVA! You can't give in lol
Hey there new Tahoe owner! I think a few members here are experienced with new sound systems in two door Tahoes. Not too sure on the aftermarket center consoles... Did yours come with one?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

hey Fly_Guy, i see you worked out a user name - nice [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] the folks here have accepted reformed Forders, but its a long road ahead [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] you're on the right track [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

btw, keep my baby safe [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode