Tires on 90 Silverado - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 03:51 PM
zcam875

Tires on 90 Silverado

Hello everybody. I am in need of some help or advice about a set of tires. I have a 90 K1500 Silverado with a 1in or 2in lift. I am running a set of Durango MT/R's which when I bought them was told they were made by General. I like these tires and have never gotten stuck with them, however I got them new last summer and there almost gone. I do do a fair amount of wheelin in everything. I also do alot of highway and city driving. My truck is and everyday driver that I also play with alot. I am considering several new tires. They are the Interco Trxus Radial STS all terrain, Interco Swamper Radial, Interco Thornbird Tsl, and the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R. I was also thinking of just getting a new set of the tires I have. I am running 285/75/16 on 16x10 american racing outlaws. That size equates to a 32.8 with a 11.2 width. I was looking at getting either the same size, 315/75/16, 33x12.5, or 35x12.5. Any advice as far as which kind or size I should go with would be greatly appreciated. The two I was looking at the most were the the thornbird and the trxus.
Thanks Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 03:52 AM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

Re: Tires on 90 Silverado

Thornbirds aren't bad for bias-ply tires, but they wear really fast. (So far I have 20,000 out of mine and they're more than half gone). From what I hear the TRXUS is supposed to be for a primarily street truck, and of course, it's a radial.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 10:33 AM

Goodyear MT/R's all the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 11:21 AM

you may be well served to visit the www.coopertires.com websitre and investigate their cooper discverer S/T, and STT tires. the S/T tires are an all terrain tire with some pretty burly tread. i have them on ym truck now and i love them in the snow. my 35s are the STTs and i have had them on other vehicles as well. on my Z-71 i got 46K miles out of them and decided to sell the truck, my old man also drives a chevy halfton so he took the tires off of mine and put his on my truck. so obviouskly there was a desireable amount of tread left on them. they wear very well and last a long time. they are affordale as well.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 11:42 AM

Out of your list, swamper tsl radial!

Thornbirds suck in any kind of off road situation...

STS TrXus thingies are just a street tire, there is no agressive tread at all, they were made for all the big poser street trucks that need a 44x21" tire to commute to the mall and back.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 10:15 PM

Do you think the TrXus M/T would be an option. They are only a couple of dollars more and they appear to be atleast a decent offroad tire.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Ken_Loyd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode