slip yoke? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 03:10 PM
bggrnchvy

slip yoke?

I had my superlift added by the service challenged 4 wheel parts in San Jose California. After having it added i found the truck sounded like the vehicle was settling backwards and forwards during braking and accelerating. I asked 4 wheel parts and they said GM put on a an incorrect slip yoke and i needed the new model. Wut model do I need? I have no problem putting it in myself, I just don't kno which model i need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 06:48 PM

Re: slip yoke?

well that could be it and so could a large block in the rea. i havea 4" block in the rear of my truck and ican feel the axle wrap loading and unloading when i stop and then accelerate. do you haev block or spring lift in rear?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 01:26 AM
bggrnchvy

I do have the 4.5" lift blocks. I am already working on saving for new 5" lift springs, would that solve this problem? I kno the blocks suck, but I had to start somewhere, and the blocks where the cheapest. When wheeling i can feel a litle bit of axle hop and i really dont want to break u-joints or fracture my driveshaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 08:59 AM

yeah, those blocks arent helping you at all. aother good option for you which is what i would do is a shackle flip in the rear and perhaps a 1" zero rate add-a-leaf. youd get 5" and not have the axle wrap problem. off road designs has kits for both of them.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 09:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your driveshaft should be ok unless you have the auto-trac transfer case. If you do have auto-trac, best bet is to call SuperLift for the part number of the driveshaft.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 01:06 PM

i dont think that one pertains to the question. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:31 PM
bggrnchvy

No auto-trac for me, i have the 241 case, but i dont have any driveline vibration. I checked had my friend watch while i moved the truck, it is axle wrap loading up...oh well. I might just look into that shackle flip kit.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 11:06 PM

yup, i figured it wouldbe the blocks, like i said, mine does it too. the g/f had my truck for a couple of days and she said that somethign was wrong and described the same thing you just did. I'll be doing the shackle flip in a few months i figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode