Changing Tcase mount....DIDN'T WORK - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Changing Tcase mount....DIDN\'T WORK

Is it as easy as undoing the 4 bolts, jacking up the tcase a little bit, pulling out the old one and slipping in the new?????

I just put a jack under the tcase and raised it up and down and the rubber mount stretched more than I figured one of those should stretch. So, Where should I get one of these? I kinda need to do this quick(like today!), so I figured I'd call the parts stores, otherwise I'd order one from hyperflex or somewhere.

Anyway, gimme your thoughts on this [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 01:06 PM

Re: Changing Tcase mount

Try the parts stores, they should have them in stock. They will usually have urethane and rubber ones in stock. But, unless you chaning your motor mounts, stick with rubber. Shouldn't mix rubber motor mounts with urethane tranny mounts or urethane motor mounts and rubber tranny mounts...

Anyway, so uh, after me telling you to check your bushings and bolts twice your finally doing it? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

uhmm, no snippy, i checked the bolts and mounts [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Besides, I'm not going to lie and to you and tell you I did if I didn't. I was in SA, so, I don't have access to the extra tools, supplies, and room that I do here in CC to work with. Granted the only thing I used bdifferent here in CC that I didn't have in SA was huge oak blocks to put my jack on, I didn't have that up in SA....call me dense if you wish [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I just called around and autozone has one for $18 so I'm going to go pick that up here in minute after I eat lunch and change it out as soon as I get back. I was just talkin to AJM and he mentioned the same thing you did about not mixing poly and rubber.

Now, to answer my question, is it as easy as removing those 4 bolts, lifting the tcase and replacing the mounts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 02:07 PM

Yep, that easy... And you can jack the t-case up pretty high, I was able to get it up at least 4" in my truck before it hit the floor when I had to change t-cases...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

ITS NOT THAT FREAKIN' HARD TO CHANGE A #%^$%%#%#@@#$^@^ TCASE MOUNT!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] ...BUT TO HELL IF I CAN'T GET THE TCASE TO ALIGN WITH THE HOLES! [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 05:56 PM

I usually lay down on my back and kick the t-case/tranny with my heels until it moves over enough...

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

it all together and road tests...the shtuff didn't work [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 07:56 AM

Have you checked the motor mounts and tranny mount? just thinking out loud.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

ummmmmm yes, that's what i said didn't work.

anyway, the tcase is getting dropped off at the shop friday and is getting rebuilt. in the past week, the shifting betwen gears has gotten progressively worse to the point where its impossible to drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode