Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/)
-   -   Changing Tcase mount....DIDN'T WORK (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-ifs-trucks-suvs/183141-changing-tcase-mount-didnt-work.html)

Shorts 12-18-2003 11:43 AM

Changing Tcase mount....DIDN\'T WORK

Is it as easy as undoing the 4 bolts, jacking up the tcase a little bit, pulling out the old one and slipping in the new?????

I just put a jack under the tcase and raised it up and down and the rubber mount stretched more than I figured one of those should stretch. So, Where should I get one of these? I kinda need to do this quick(like today!), so I figured I'd call the parts stores, otherwise I'd order one from hyperflex or somewhere.

Anyway, gimme your thoughts on this [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

willyswanter 12-18-2003 12:06 PM

Re: Changing Tcase mount

Try the parts stores, they should have them in stock. They will usually have urethane and rubber ones in stock. But, unless you chaning your motor mounts, stick with rubber. Shouldn't mix rubber motor mounts with urethane tranny mounts or urethane motor mounts and rubber tranny mounts...

Anyway, so uh, after me telling you to check your bushings and bolts twice your finally doing it? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Shorts 12-18-2003 12:37 PM

uhmm, no snippy, i checked the bolts and mounts [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Besides, I'm not going to lie and to you and tell you I did if I didn't. I was in SA, so, I don't have access to the extra tools, supplies, and room that I do here in CC to work with. Granted the only thing I used bdifferent here in CC that I didn't have in SA was huge oak blocks to put my jack on, I didn't have that up in SA....call me dense if you wish [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I just called around and autozone has one for $18 so I'm going to go pick that up here in minute after I eat lunch and change it out as soon as I get back. I was just talkin to AJM and he mentioned the same thing you did about not mixing poly and rubber.

Now, to answer my question, is it as easy as removing those 4 bolts, lifting the tcase and replacing the mounts?

willyswanter 12-18-2003 01:07 PM

Yep, that easy... And you can jack the t-case up pretty high, I was able to get it up at least 4" in my truck before it hit the floor when I had to change t-cases...

Shorts 12-18-2003 03:40 PM

ITS NOT THAT FREAKIN' HARD TO CHANGE A #%^$%%#%#@@#$^@^ TCASE MOUNT!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] ...BUT TO HELL IF I CAN'T GET THE TCASE TO ALIGN WITH THE HOLES! [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]

willyswanter 12-18-2003 04:56 PM

I usually lay down on my back and kick the t-case/tranny with my heels until it moves over enough...

Shorts 12-18-2003 06:09 PM

it all together and road tests...the shtuff didn't work [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]

blabhern 12-23-2003 06:56 AM

Have you checked the motor mounts and tranny mount? just thinking out loud.

Shorts 12-25-2003 11:06 AM

ummmmmm yes, that's what i said didn't work.

anyway, the tcase is getting dropped off at the shop friday and is getting rebuilt. in the past week, the shifting betwen gears has gotten progressively worse to the point where its impossible to drive.