front coilover springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 10:13 AM
mRogers

front coilover springs

My father-in-law has an early to mid 90's full size pickup, 2X4. The front end sits a little lower than the back and he wants to level it out with coil-over springs on the front. Is this the best way to go? Will this give him a rough ride? Is there some kind of leveling kit out there, or if not, what type of springs should he go with? Thanks for any help you may have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 11:09 AM

Re: front coilover springs

one option is to use a coil spring spacer. that'll retain the current ride and give you lift. the other option is to go with higher rated springs. the side affect of that is your ride will be rougher.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 03:12 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: front coilover springs

Coilovers will work but they aren't really worth the money. Chances are he can buy new springs for far less.

Anyway, I'd jack it up and measure the coil diameter and the height of the spring along with the width of the spring. I'd then see if a heavier model truck than his has a longer spring. Or his springs could just be wore out. It does happen.

You could look into other model springs but then you'd have to know the spring rate as well as all the dimensions I already mentioned. One of the "cheap" ways of lifting a Bronco II is to put F150 springs in it but it makes for a rather rough ride.

I'd avoid coil spacers, in many states they're illegal anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode