OT: Santa came early - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

OT: Santa came early

Wife got me my Christmas present a little early this year. I had to haul it home so, she let me in on it. I know it's not the best model out there but I think me and little ones will have a blast on it. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I still have to put the cage and some other parts together. I figured I'd stick it in the shed until Christmas, but sh'es already wanting a ride.... so ... that's one good thing about being a BIG kid... I don't have to wait until the big day! LOL Anyway, should come in handy for teaching the little ones to drive with.. better than my truck anyway. Just thought I'd share.

Now I just need to rig up some lights on it... LOL (insert Tim Allen sounds) I think I'll wait on any radical mods... [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Think I'll see if I can waer out those wimpy "turf saver" tires though... need to get some grippy ones on there. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1230068-AAA1.jpg (24.3 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 01:15 AM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

Re: OT: Santa came early

You ought to rig up a couple Daylighters for it. Looks like you'll have some fun teaching the kids how to baja race!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 11:16 AM

woohoo! that looks like a whole buncha fun [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 12:22 PM

Now just pull the motor...insert big snowmobile engine [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 08:09 PM

Some daylighters and one of those loud ass horns that have the little compressors. I think Hella makes one, that way you can terrorize the neighborhood.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Some daylighters and one of those loud ass horns that have the little compressors. I think Hella makes one, that way you can terrorize the neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweeeeet... wait a minute... I don't live in a neighborhood [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I could terrorize my father-in-laws cows... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I got everything put together on it today and took er for a spin... within about 2 minutes I had it up on 2 &amp; 3 wheels... well, that's what my wife said. I didn't notice. LOL The top speed is 35, which is pretty good I guess. Feels pretty quick in really tight areas... somewhat slow out in the wide open areas. I'm not going to mess with making it faster though... my little girls would wrap it around something. Who knows, if it's still around after their grown, then I'll do something crazy with it... [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The suspension works pretty darn good on that sucker. I think I need to adjust the front shocks just a a tad though... they seem a little too soft. I think it may be bottoming out on hard bumps at speed... hard to tell. I have a feeling they are set at the softest setting right now.

My 6 yo was the "cool chick" on the bus today.. I picked her up at the bus stop in it. Those poor little kids were chomping at the bit to get at it... LOL. Little faces all pressed against the windows... looks like the future of off-raod is still safe. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, here is another pic... this is the same kart, just in a different color/model # , but other than the color scheme, it's the exact kart I have.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1230622-YD2.jpg (62.5 KB, 3 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 12:35 AM

That's a very sweet toy!

Ya know, I remember a guy who put a Kawasaki 1100 motor in a golf cart once. Dumbest thing in the world to look at, but when it went off the line, wooosh! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 01:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

first time i drove one of those......i took out my girlfriends dads grill and almost went through the garage wall........hehe, what a fun night
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 09:00 AM

I have a dingo manco that i got several years ago. Big knobby tires in back while the tires up front are small and knobby. It has an 8hp tecumsah engine. Its an awesome toy to mess around with. I am actually thinking about selling it, but where I live everything is residential neighborhoods. I might end up putting it on ebay or something. Go-Carts are awesome. I want an ATV next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode