Here you go Evan - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 07:19 PM
TONAWANDA454

Here you go Evan

These are pics of Evan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1227977-evan1.jpg (31.5 KB, 80 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 07:20 PM
TONAWANDA454

Re: Here you go Evan

Another Evan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1227978-evan2.jpg (34.5 KB, 74 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:00 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Il have you know I made it up on that car in 2wd, cause I dont have 4wheel drive now. i went up few hill climbs with the valves floatn and tires spinning in 2nd gear way faster than they should abeen..

yeah poseing lol you probly could of drove over that car

jason,
you think doing some kinda crossmember set up or an X in the rear of the frame and boxing would cut down on that frame flex. i think it would. notice my toolbox lid partly open and the bed touchn the cab. i think thats gota stop
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I was just going to ask you about the box hitting the cab. I'd replace the body mounts and see if that solves it. After that, I'd loosen up the bed bolts and see if there is enough slop to move the bed away from the cab.

I like your truck, no bull**** bling-bling on it.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:50 PM

Now I have to go find a car to run over [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I added numerous crossmembers to my frame. My truck has way less frame flex now than yours does in that pic. Check this pic out:

Notice the difference in body lines from cab to bed.

Now check this pic out:

Now notice the body lines, much better.

In a couple weeks I'll have my cage done inside which should help frame flex alot, plus I'll be doing some tirangulation in the rear with some tubing to help as well.

You want to get rid of as much frame flex as possible because everytime it tweaks, it gets little bit weaker and you run the risk of cracking the frame, pulling body mounts out of the body, breaking bolts, etc. Can also screw up t-case shifting and tranny shifting...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 10:07 PM

just curious, u have any pictures of what you've done to strengthen it?
And when are you starting the surgery on your truck again? I know, i know, im not asking for details since you won't give any [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img], just curious as to when the transformation is begining.... [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Keyboard Implanted

jason
one reason for youor bodylines staying closer may be the added susp articulation, your stock truck like mine doesn have much flex at all so the frame moves will all the force put on it.

I was almost thinking I would build it like I would a flatbed platform but there wouldnt be any flat bed on just yet. then tie my goose kneck ball into that and poke a hole in the bed for it and then itl stick out above the floor of the bed enough after the bodylift is off.

then I could tie that frame work together with an X and box what I can if its not to much of hassle.

but first I have to get springs that sit the same or else i end up setn it all up with tweaked frame, right now the right rear sits almost 2"s lower than the left rear. I guess Ill have to measure from the ground and. or just set the freakn think on jackstands so the springs arent in the eqation at all.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 10:24 PM

Actually, before I added the crossmembers, my frame did most of the flexing.. The suspension only worked to about 1/2 of that picture and the frame did the rest... Thats why I did the crossmembers, I was worried about the frame breaking in half with how long it is [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I don't have any pics of the crossmembers, I'll get some in the next few days though.

I should be tearing the truck apart in about 1 week, still waiting on school to end so I don't need to rely on something for transportation 3 times a day 5 days a week... Just have to go buy all the tubing...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 10:38 PM

Sweet!

We better get updates along the way, if you make us wait til the end.... [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Anyways, [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode