actuator wiring for 94' k3500 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 08:26 AM
bassfishn

actuator wiring for 94\' k3500

did a search for this subject, but only found some of the info i need. what i want to know is where that black box goes to that came with my actuator wiring set? my truck's wiring is pretty screwy under there, but it seems as though i traced it to the firewall, is this correct? also don't see that brown wire anywhere. also it came with a spacer, and said to replace it you are replacing the new one with certain part numbers, how do i find out the part number? the one being taken out is meatal and the new one plastic, if that helps. thanks, sorry it is so long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 06:47 AM

Re: actuator wiring for 94\' k3500

Well.....

If you have not got it figured out yet. The spacer goes in the hole that the old actuator comes out of. Just push it in there and forget it. Screw your new larger plastic actuator in the hole and snug it up. Plug in the wires to the actuator (this should be very self explanatory). OK. Take that LOOONG brown wire and carefully feed it back around the engine and up over the top of the tranny. Here you have two options. There is a sensor/switch on your transfer case. It too has a brown wire coming out of it. You can

A. splice directly into this wire and call it good.

or

B. Get in your truck, and pull all of the trim out from around your T-case shift lever. Once you can see the wiring harness coming through the floor open up the loom. You should see the same brown wire in that loom. This is generally the best place to splice into, since it is out of harms way and you dont have to worry about water and mud etc. getting into the connection. Dont get frustrated because its sometimes a pain in the ass to get the brown wire into the cab... but trust me it can be done.

It has worked for me for about a year now... I wish I would have done it sooner. It would have saved me lots of time in the past. Good luck to you and post back to let me know if you got it.

Mike
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 11:00 AM
bassfishn

thanks guy, will let you know as soon as the snow stops, lol. does the end where the black box on the harness, end up on the firewall, do you know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 02:21 AM
bassfishn

ok, it's done!!!!! finally
what a pain in the butt, not the actuator, but the BROWN wire. i could not get that wire up there through the floor for some reason, probably because mine has got this metal encasement around the shifter and allthe heat sheilds, but i did manage to rig it up for the winter. i traced that BROWN wire from the loom at the shifter to the box near my fuse box, and spliced it into there, then through the fire wall and back over to the pass. side where the BROWN wire at the the new harness was. works like a charm.and just in time too as we are in the process of getting some serious snow up here in ct. thanks for the help
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 05:47 PM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

If your actuator ever fails again:

4x4 posi-lok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode