Replacement Carpet - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Replacement Carpet

Well the carpet in my 93 Blazer is beyond cleaning. I have tired numerous times with no success. The previous owner was very rough on the carpet. I think they even spilled some syrup in some spots. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] Well anyways the carpet is pretty much trash, so im looking for some replacement carpet. I called the Chevy dealer and they told me that Chevy has discontinued the carpet for that year. Does any one know of any place i can get some good factory like molded carpet for my truck. Would the carpet out of a 95-99 Tahoe fit? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 03:24 PM

Re: Replacement Carpet

I'm not sure of the quality, but you can look into JCWhitney, or gosh I forgot the names of all the accessory mags I've seen replacement carpets in... [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 03:27 PM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

I know JCW sells a few different kinds, but I don't know about the quality of them.

Sorry, didn't mean to post the same thing twice! [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Ya i forgot to mention i tired the Nifty Brand replacement, which is what JCW sells, although i didn't order it though them... the quality is very low. The carpet might as well be see though... very low fiber count. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] The place that i order it from acutally sent me the wrong carpet it was for a 78-92 blazer. They kept trying and trying to tell me it was the same. I just kept telling them it wasn't, becuase i own one of those too. After i saw the quality of it though i just returned it and got my money back. I did find this place, don't know bout there quality though either.. Metro Auto Parts They have replacement carpet for my year.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 04:08 PM

Maybe try www.LMCtruck.com. They have a catalog for 73-91 blazer. Not sure if the 91 is the same as the 93?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Can't Get Enough

Scrap the carpet idea altogether and go with a spray-in bedliner. Otherwise, ACC is the best on the market. Go to www.accmats.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

well the spray in idea would be great if this was a trail heavy off road truck... buts its my daily driver and i want the interior to look stock. I like the look of carpet. That place does have some good prices on carpet though, i'll have to check it out some more. Thanks
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 07:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

why dont you just call modernistic or whatever carpet cleaning places are around you and have it professionally done......that always makes carpet look new again. that or scrap it and go to the vinyl floor, i loved mine way more than carpet.....i used a leaf blower to clean it out
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Can't Get Enough

One of these days I'm going to spray in the floor of my Suburban, which happens to be my daily driver. I'll get a couple of carpet floor mats so it'll be soft on bare feet, but with a truck-load of kiddies, I can just sweep the floors clean at the end of the day.
I put an ACC carpet in my 92 S10 and thought it was great. I think it was nicer than carpet in a Caddy.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

custom it out if you care about the interior.....do it in shag or something....do the roof and everything else.....thereby also dampening the sound and adding the shaggin wagon effect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode