Lift Kits? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 08:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lift Kits?

I am looking for a 4" lift for my 96' chevy 1/2 ton. I have done a little reading on the rough country 2-3' system for only $500, and some say its a great bargain and other say it is junk....Any thoughts on that or what lifts might you suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 09:03 PM

Re: Lift Kits?

They're junk, but search the fourm for info on lift kits, its all been discussed 50 million times......
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Addict

go to www.pirate4x4.com you will likely find people with more knowledge and patience ..... you'll get some abuse if ya ask a dumb question but usually some help too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 09:47 PM

I wasn't meaning to snap at him, everyone around here isn't in favor of the lifts under 4", because they are built incorrectly. People around here will definitely help you, sorry if i sounded like they wouldn't. Just do a search to inform yourself a little more before asking "which lift is best" or a questions like that.

BTW, for 4" kit most ppl here reccomend the Rancho 4-6", and for a true 6", the 6.5" dick cepek (available from performancelifts.com) is well liked.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 02:26 AM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

My truck has a Rough Country 2-3" kit and no problems except a stiff ride. Otherwise a good kit.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 05:43 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Why does everyone get so damn bent out of shape over someone asking a question, ain't that what this forum is for? How would someone new know if something has been discussed time after time..
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 10:00 AM

It's not that people here aren't in favor of a 4" kit. That's not true.

Ok, what's the reason for a lift? The reason is having the ability to clear whatever size tires to gain more traction. the money spent on a 4" lift, bearly justifies the tire size that is allowed on them. WHy spend 1500 bucks to gain .1890321% of traction?
It's just the same way with those 22' whiplash kits WHy in the hell would you want to stick 44" boggers on an IFS system.
A) it's not practicle, plus everything would just break.

I don't know why so many of you all snap at people for asking questions. WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK THEY CAME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?! to become best friends with ya? I don't think so. I started out coming here wanting a 8" lift on my ifs suburban. Soon I learned that wasn't a good idea, through the advice and already-been-down-that-route experience of some of the guys of this forum.

Guys, don't designate yourselves better than everyone else just because you were at a newbie's stage at one point in time, and you've just recently graduated from it. I'm sure theres tons of crap in other fields that newbies would know more about than you.

Everyone just needs to simmer down and help people out, I don't know why some of you all think this is " your domain" and you've got to guard it like its your life. Freak, you don't pay jack**** for anything on this site. And the time i takes you to write a smart-ass remark probably takes longer than just writing the answer.

Just my $.02. [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 01:16 PM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

I think you put it pretty well John. There are times when a reply to a post comes out feeling like it's saying "What the hell is wrong with you!?" and all that will do is drive people away.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 03:12 PM

hey dhcomp: I didn't direct that exactly towards you in any way. (just before anything gets rowdy in here). Just a general announcement for everyone. I don't have any probs with ya but just wanted to clarify my audience before anything got outta hand. have a nice day
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 01:03 AM

Yeah, we all need to calm down. Don't think i was having a good day when i posted that, but didn't mean for it to sound like i was snapping at him either. So yeah, sorry to teh newbie, and everyone else that posted to put me back in my place, i realize i was out of line.

Now, why don't we answer this guy's questions? [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode