Questions about G/F car - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Questions about G/F car

I know this is way off topic but I have a few questions. My girlfriend has a 91 Acura Integra with 190K on it. It runs well and has been treated nice but it is getting kind of sluggish. I know it is old and has a lot of miles but humor me. I have changed the plugs and wires, fuel filter, and we have had tune ups done on it. What else can be done? Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 01:20 AM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

Re: Questions about G/F car

Get NOS man! Then her car would be the shiznit! Or even better, get a HUGE NOS decal for the back window. Sorry, but it's an import, I had to say something.

Have you considered fuel injectors or the coil pack? What about the exhaust. That cat may be clogged from 13 years of use. The only other thing I can think of within reason is a cam, but I don't know jack about putting camshafts in imports, especially if it's DOHC. I can't imagine how much it would cost to replace 4 cams!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 07:53 AM
ratlover

Re: Questions about G/F car

overhead cams are generally pretty easy. I dont think that the problem though.

Burn any oil? I would say if everything is in good tune then the rings are just getting so worn out that cylinder pressure from the little bang is partly blowing by em. Do a leak down test to make sure but that would be my bet. My bet is rebuild time is the only way to restore the pep....although n2o would return the pep plus a bit more than stock....albiet for a short time [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode