MSD? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 09:53 AM
mfornes

MSD?

Has anyone here used any MSD products? I have been reading about them for some time now and would like to here some feed back from people who use them. If they are worth the money I will probably end buying everything they sell for my truck('97 chevy Z71 w/ 350). If the Msd products are good and worth the money please let me know. Also if there are MSD products that arent worth. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 12:12 PM

Re: MSD?

yes, they're good. i use the 8.5mm wires. i've never tried anything else though.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 02:52 AM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

I just did a tune up and used all MSD parts (minus plugs). I used the 8.5mm wires, cap, rotor, and just for kicks I put in a blaster coil. I found the parts to be very high quality and I did notice a slight increase in performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 01:45 PM
ratlover

Stock stuff will power you just fine. You definatly dont need any high zoot stuff on a fairly stock motor. JMO
they do have good quality stuff though. If it were tune up time I might consider using some of thier stuff replacing the worn parts. The increase you may notice will be little though and probably just from putting new stuff on there. I also dont know if you are thinking of going multiple discarharge or not but it may flake out the computer??? I dont know but it something to look at. I'd personally stick AC plugs in there and go with either ac delco or msd wich ever being cheaper for the other parts. Taylor also makes some good wires IMO and the holley anialator line looks good.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Addict

Hey, I'll sell you a MSD 6AL ignition box for $150. I have a diesel now, so I have no use for it.

Brandon
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 06:55 PM
mfornes

Is it the off-road or the regular one?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 07:58 PM
Addict

It's not the off-road box, and itís not the regular one. It is the box that has an adjustable rev-limiter. It survived all off-roading trips I took with it. I paid over $230.00 for it. If I donít sell it privately, I'm gonna put it up on eBay. It works great, comes with all the hardware, and my gas mileage improved a good amount after installing it.

Brandon
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 09:48 PM
mfornes

Think I am just going to hold out on that right now. I dont think that having an MSD ignition right now is going to do much for me. Thanks for the offer though, If you still havent in a few months I will be interested.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 08:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Put the off-road box and wires on a 87 4.0 Cherokee. Did not notice any improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode