trouble codes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

trouble codes

SES light is on. Had codes read. Left and right banks running rich, knock sensor low voltage, and misfires are the codes of the month. I replaced the 4 o2 sensors and the knock sensor. Plugs, wires and cap are good. Disconnected the battery to clear codes and within a couple miles the light turned on again. What else should I look to replace? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 01:08 AM

Re: trouble codes

Get some starter fluid spray or WD40. Let the truck sit overnight so the engine is cold. Start it up and start spraying from the base of the throttle body out to the MAF. If you hear an increase in the engine speed, you have an air leak. Usually where you were spraying when it increased. Doesn't take much of one to throw engine rich bank 1 & 2 codes. If it happens at the TB, get a gasket set, take it apart, clean the surfaces, put the new gaskets on, and torque it down to specs. If it's the air intake hose, replace it. HTH
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 10:19 AM
TheZenTree

my truck threw the banks 1 & 2 running rich code about a month ago. the stealership rebuilt the fuel injectors, and that solved it. i didnt get the knock sensor code, however.

maybe that'll help. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

I had the dealership hookup a Tech2 (the guy did it for free) to read codes more complete, and the 3rd cylinder had misfired 2 times. Not much to worry about there. But he did say that my K&N Air Filter would, after time, cause the bank rich codes due to oil from the filter messing up the sensor in the MAF. He said spray down the MAF with carb cleaner to remove any oil film. I plan on having them do a full 1 hr diagnostics test on it next week to pin down the exact parts to fix. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode