Almost Done: Next Brakes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 08:09 PM
race_boy

Almost Done: Next Brakes

I have ben putting a 4.5 skyjacker lift in my 95 GMC and now all I need to do is bleed the brake lines. How do I go about bleeding the front brake lines? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 08:51 PM

Re: Almost Done: Next Brakes

take the lid off the fluid reservoir, make sure its full and doesnt run dryn throughout the whole bleeding or you get to do it over. at each wheel, going from furthest to the cloests to the master cylinder, open the bleed screw and make sure fluid is free flowing with no air bubbles(you can stick a clear tube on there if it makes it easier to see the fluid). stick a bucket under there too. when you're satisfied, close the screw up and go to the next wheel. check the fluid level in the reservoir after each wheel.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 01:17 AM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

DO NOT leave the master cylinder lid off during pumping the brakes, fluid will go all over your engine compartment. Basically just have a buddy pump the brake a few times and hold it, release the bleeder a tad, close it when you see no air escaping. Repeat until no air comes out at all. And like Shorts said, don't let the master cylinder run dry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 06:06 PM
race_boy

Do I even need to deal with the rear brakes if all I am doing is reconnecting the fronts?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 07:40 PM

i think i only bled the front brakes after my lift install...they were the only lines i replaced. i didn't have any problems. but, if you think you might or will or whatever, it doesn't hurt to get new fluid in the system anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode