Resynchronizing Transmitter - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Resynchronizing Transmitter

I have a 2003 2500HD and I need to resynch my keyless entry and I can't remember how the dealer did it and they are closed for the evening. So if any of you can remember how, please help a brother out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 08:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Resynchronizing Transmitter

On the classic body style all you had to do was push and hold the Lock & Unlock buttons down together until the door locks clicked. Assuming you haven't completely erased the encoding in there... I'm guessing you swapped the battery out or took it apart and now it doesn't work? Should be able to get reset by holding the buttons down. It's like 5,10,15 seconds, not sure which. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks bro that did the trick but I didn't take the battery out just for some reason it forgot what frequency it was on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 06:56 PM

The codes are a rolling code that changes every time you few times you press the buttons. If you press the buttons alot while the keys are in your pocket and your away from the the truck the transmitter can skip to the next code and since the truck was out of range it didn't get the signal to switch.

Used to get this alot in my alarm installing days. Dunno why, but people couldn't keep from pressing the button all day long in there pockets... They wondered why there batteries only lasted for a week to... [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode