A-hole package - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 11:04 AM
ratlover

A-hole package

This is kind of a pointless post of me trying to fit in [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

You guys know what the A-hole package is right? The package that all the cocky lil bastards.....errr.....I mean "cool kids".......do to their Hondas and such and think they are hot [bleep].....err.....I mean they really have bad assed rides yo. The "mods" that turn their car into a "race" car [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Well I now have the complete A-hole package on my truck. The story below of the "build up" that actually only took about 3 hours all together and the exhaust took a good 2 hours 45 min.

First I put a UNI foam air filter in the stock Swiss-cheesed box. Mostly because The factory filter is 30$ a whack and the UNI was 50$ and is cleanable. Plus I believe it filters better. Actually no......I shoulda picked up about 37.2 HP

4" SS exhaust from the turbo downpipe back into a 5" muffler with a 5" tail pipe. Mostly for the sound but also to drop my EGT. Actually I figured that if a Honda needs a 3/4" monster exhaust all the way back to a 5" tip then 4" with a 5" tail should be sufficient.

With these 2 "mods" I noticed no seat of the pants improvement other than the turbo seemed to spool a bit quicker. No top end gain. I (I think trucks dyno with 20 or so more HP from stock with these 2 "mods") By know most of the cool kids would be in the 12's easy, low 12's with enough stickers [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I didn't notice much improvement? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Maybe because I have a diesel and I don't have a cool sound system the mods didn't give me much of an increase?

I needed more power, underdrive pulleys? none for a duramax [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] propane? no, all the cool kids would laugh at me. They don't make body kits or wings for a 2500HD or cool rims in an 8 lug so that was out. What to do? A chip!

A call to http://www.kennedydiesel.com and I had the juice on its way. I picked up my truck from the stealer because I had the famous Allison problem of the "shift range inhibited". A new upgraded switch and I was on my way. I had to stop in the parking lot next to the dealer to install my chip that came in the mail while my truck was in the shop. Its actually a box that connects between the factory brain box and the motor.

I wonder if I will now be cool enough to hang with em??? Well I don't think so since I still don't have the "right" attitude. Granted my 1 ton plow truck gets up and moves way faster that it should it still aint a bad assed machine. It aint a race car, its a 7000# pig but I'm sure I will surprise some stangs and such stop light to stop light since there aint much that can touch something making a shade under 800 foot pounds launching in 4x4 on the street. I just wont try to get in any races on the highway [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Pick your battles. Don't think I will even bother with any ricers.....unless they happen to be complete tools and have their windows down.....I might accidentally stomp on the go pedal from no boost and let the 5" soot aiming device do its thing [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

On a more serious note: I put on the lowest hp setting(30hp and 90# foot of torque) and drove around nice for about an hour, while I wait ed for the Allison to get used to the extra power. Stepped on the go pedal and [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I really cant believe that this is the lowest setting. Almost afraid to try the 250# of torque setting

I have a feeling that this thing is going to get me in trouble, I am going to the "strip club"( [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] ) tonight

Yes I have the A-hole package and it rules. I think some "G's" in a caddy tried to race me [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Its kinda fun when the turbo spools up and you break traction, I think the 5" exhaust kinda scared em too.

So Pat, when you getting juiced? You know you want to [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Al the cool kids are doing it [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] j/k [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 11:13 AM

Re: A-hole package

heehee [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 02:32 PM

Dude you gotta get the NOS!!!! j/k... about this time last year (while I was still in Texas) I was cruising around with the top off the Blazer and these guys pulled up next to me at a light in a Hyundai... it had the mondo exhaust and the stickers... he revved up the sewing machine and then the light turned green... I left him behind... kinda embarrassing to get beat by a 5000lb pig on 35s! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 02:54 PM
ratlover

Yup, gotta love it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Getting smoked by a big ol ugly truck [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] But I get to smoke em twice [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

To most things I say what ever floats your boat but I really can see how people are into cars that look like they should be in a cartoon and that exhaust just cracks me up. What ever though.

My trany wont handle the mongo chips. N2O would nuke my trany quicker than [bleep] [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I wana get off work so I can go play [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Addict

ratlover

Give me some time to catch up to you [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Ill show you what a 400 horse 1000 ft/lb engine can do. Aint diesel engines the sh!t [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Brandon
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 09:31 PM

whoa, im not a diesel guy, is it supposed to smoke that much? Thats a pretty crazy picture.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 09:20 AM
ratlover

Yes they are, there is nothing easier to get power outa. This is all I'm going to do though. I will be at 425 hp and around 900 foot pounds. I could do that with just a box, exhaust is just there for sound/looks and to help keep from melting things on longer runs. I dont want to get into the trany or anything.

Yes they are supposed to smoke like that. I like to have a lil smoke with my my whine. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

What you got done to her? Cummins are some torque monsters [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Addict

ratlover,
Here is my "to do" list for the truck:

1. #11 torque plate for the injector pump
2. 3,000 RPM governor spring kit
3. Bigger delivery valves
4. AFC spring kit
5. BHAF air intake
6. Intercooler of a 24 valve
7. 370 hp marine injectors
8. Pump timing to 16.5 degrees of advance

That should give me the 400 hp Iím looking for
Then I will need a Southbend pulling clutch to handle all that power. At times I wish could have a chip to mess with the settings, but oh well. And yes, Lots of black smoke is perfectly normal.

Smoke= power [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Brandon
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 09:19 PM
Addict

blowing that much smoke is called over fueling .... it is when more fuel is added than oxygen is available to combust with it ... it does NOT make power but also doesn't hurt anything ..... looks cool too ..... as the turbo begins to spool up more oxygen is available and combustion becomes more efficient clearing the smoke and making more power
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 10:08 PM

so when i HAMMMER my 6.2 and get a big arse cloud of black smoke its not like 3 quarts of oil gettin burned...thats a major relief [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
kid here has a honda that is accuatly done well. He swapped an accord motor into a civic...he actually knows what he is doing, as compared to other people. He just perfers smaller cars for some reason [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode