bed liner / price - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

bed liner / price

Did my research, but couldn't find exactly what I needed.
What is the best option for a bed liner, I'm guessing the spray on is the best, what brand is suggested and how much does it cost? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 09:53 AM
ratlover

Re: bed liner / price

the shop applying it is more important than the brand IMO. but between the 2 I would go line X and will. I was quoted 390 to do my fulsize long bed. It seemed kinda cheap to me.....i was thinking closer to 5 but oh well. I will be getting it in a couple weeks.

I also plan on talking to the person that is going to do the actual work. Make it kinda known that when he gets it done to find me because I want to take care of him. If you tip someone that brings you a cheeseburger I think you should tip someone if they really take the time to do a good job on your truck JMO

and I wont ever do the apply yourself bed liner for a bed. Its tough enough for some things just not a bed. Just didnt hold up well and I was nice to mine. It was duplicolor roll in BTW
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 12:58 PM

Dad's got Rhino in his truck...$380 for 8' under rail. Like mentioned above, it matters who applies it. Ziebart did a good job, laid it on thick and even. My only complaint/observation is its faded from black to grey. of course, thats not a big thing for us, so what, color...as long as it does the job of protecting the bed. anyway, i've never seen a used LineX truck bed, so i can't compare.

btw, the truck's had the liner since fall '99.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Can't Get Enough

That's a good price. I got a quote for my dad's longbed of $650.00. That's a bit too much for me.
The do-it-yourself kits are about $100 +/-. I got a sample from durabak and it seems pretty good.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Keyboard Implanted

im going in tomarrow for a 6.5' over the rail Line-X for $409

Line-X goes on more smooth and looks better than rhino liner to me. rhino is lumpy like cottage cheese. Plus everyone around here will tell you and its obvious once you start looking, the Line-X looks much better as a finished product than rhino liner. its more smooth application wise and for things like shutting your tailgate. my friend went to line-x and rhino classes and he said "i wouldnt spray rhino on my dog let alone my truck"

to each there own, but prices for it are on the rise. also if you go to www.golinex.com there is a $20 off coupon that im using tomarrow.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 03:10 AM
MSF
Can't Get Enough

You're all talking about having it done somewhere and how it matters who does it. What is so bad about doing it yourself? I feel confident with a brush, but that is undercoating a truck. I would assume lining a bed would be relatively easy, but maybe I'm wrong. Is it better to have someone do it just for looks, or is it really more durable that way? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 08:57 AM
Keyboard Implanted

well thay can spray it on a 1/4" thick at once and imagine how F'ing long it would take and the number of coats it would take with a brush to get to that thickness.

plus it is warrantied so if you ever goug it they fix it. its about durability and the fact that they sand down the paint and get to metal so it adheres really well.

Also i forgot to mention that the thickness makes it a much quieter ride. it muffles road and exhaust noise. you can run duals to FLOWs and still have a nice quiet cabin ride.....good deal and the dog seems to like it better too [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 10:47 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I have Rhino, I got it done for 210 bucks with my cousins discount. (he was the first Rhino dealer here in SA, but running an Off-Road shop and a rhino shop ran him to death, he finally just closed the rhino down) That was back in 97 when I got mine done. The shop owed him a favor so he sent me when I got my truck. Mines not at all faded, if you know what to do it's easy to keep black. I also have no trouble shutting my tailgate [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] As far as lumpy vs. smooth, I prefer bumpy, I wanted as much grip as I could get. Besides, the lumpyness can be adjusted with the air on the spray gun, want more bumps, turn up the air, want less or none, turn it down.

Is lineX the one that feels like sandpaper? I know there was one company that did bedliners and thiers felt like gritty sandpaper... I would not have that crap at all. Yeah, that's all I need, scrape the hide off my knee just getting something out of the bed.

I'm sure most any company brand out there is good. Like everyone said, prolly just depends on the shop. There used to be some "fly by night" shops around that did spray ins, but I would never go with them since they can close up, and if you need a gouge fixed, you're screwd.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 11:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

WOOT!

she is done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1189175-LineX.jpg (62.1 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode