truck update - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
box

truck update

A lot of things have changed with my truck lately. Just wanted to fill yall in on what has been going on.
The fuel pump went out recently, I had to drop the tank to replace it. It took a total of 8 hours work because one of the strap bolts was rusted on and wd-40 did nothing for it, so I had to remove the driveshaft to slide the tank sideways to get it out. I didn't remove the bed because it would be too heavy with the toolbox full of chains and shovels and various other useful items.

The transmission that I just had installed several weeks ago went out. I had a problem with it the Friday before last and had to have it towed to the shop. While waiting on the new transmission to arrive from Springfield MO, the guy at the shop said I could drive it very carefully for a few days until the new transmission came in. It was making a noise that came and went, but shifted and drove fine, and the fluid looked ok. I was pulling out of a gas station the other day and as soon as I hit the gas all hell broke loose... It sounded like metal twisting up in the transmission. I called the shop and he called and had it hauled in right away. Turns out, my transmission had come in just a couple hours before it went completely out. He showed me the shrapnel in the fluid when he dropped the pan. Metal pieces were all through the cooler lines so they had to be flushed good. Yesterday morning they replaced the transmission and all is good now.

I went and had new tires put on. This time I went back down to 265's to ease some of the pressure on my transmission (since I have stinkin 3.42 gears). I decided to go with an All-terrain tread since most of my driving is on the road now. I went with the Yokohama Geolander AT's. They are siped well and have a more aggressive tread design than most AT's.

Now my brake light on my dash is staying on, I am about to diagnose that problem. It must be in the ABS system since all of the hydraulic system looks good. Maybe when they put the transfer case back in they didn't plug the VSS connector in good.

That is about all for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode