2500hd's 35" tires stock - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

2500hd\'s 35\" tires stock

Hey Yall,
Long time no see, been very busy, hope everyones doing well.
anyhoo, heres a couple pics of some dmaxes at work with H2 35" wheels and tires, they do a 2" torsion tweek and the white one moved the bumper forward and the black one trimmed it a little
enjoy
BTW white one has 125HP chip and burns those 35's
black one is getting 175hp chip/intake/exhaust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 02:09 PM
ratlover

Re: 2500hd\'s 35\" tires stock

the 2" keys and hummer wheels with 315's seem to be pretty popular.

175hp chip? what is it? 125 I assume is the juice? I hope he has a handshaker with a different clutch or a modded alli for 175.

so when you getting 35's? [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

you going to try to make diesel day? It will be a fun time [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, the 175 is made by another company (cant remember the name), Bully dog has a 250HP (i think you have to sign something). He's running a stock trans (yeah byby converter/clutches)
Hey, Whens diesel day, I forgot, do you have a link to the thread?
BTW me and a few guys at work pissed our pants laughing at your avatar [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 05:33 PM
ratlover

http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/s...31&fpart=1

even 125 with a box that dont detect tranny slip and ramp back will probably limp the stock alli in 5th(or atleast burn up the tranny slowly without you knowing) Juice does ramp back...not sure who else does

Quadzilla has some really bad assed tunes. Juice has a comp version but I think its kinda hard to get ahold of.

I am waiting for the juice to come out with the in cab controller. Very cool with some very cool fetures.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Bullydog monitors the trans also, It has in cab controlls too (30,60,125,stock) Never tow past 60hp, the exhaust will get too hot and fry that turbo, not to mention the constant heat on it. I was told by a guy who programs those boxes and upgrades the old ones that they just use the stock program for monitoring the trans and it backs it off accordingly, no matter what chip/box you use. I was particular to the juice, till I talked to both people that worked at Bully and Edge, after my conversation, i'm going with bully, they seemed to know more about the factory programs and how the system worked (ecspecially the trans monitoring) Juice confirmed nor denied that they just use the factory trans settings and advertise otherwise. for the most part they are all the same, I'm just going with the more knowlegable rep's

BTW, october 11th sounds good,,,so far, been working 7days for a while
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 10:01 AM
ratlover

I thought bully do was a reflash type "chip"

From what I have heard. The tranny monitors itself. If it senses slip it will send itself into limp mode(3 gear) I have also heard that while it is easy to get a alli to limp it dosnt protect itself as well as you think. Slippage has been detected without sending the tranny into limp. Also people that havent ever really limped their trans have found thier clutches roasted pretty good on tear down when they upgrade thier tranny. I didnt think the stock computer programing sensed slip and backed off power unless you limped it?

Supposedly the edge is one of the best at powermanagement ie getting the most power to the tranny before it frys. Just what I have heard. Edje also builds lotsa low end. Quadzilla follows the stock power curve more so it comes on a bit higher. He believes that that is the way to go.

Did you get a chance to talk with AAron at adge?

True....all the boxes will pretty much put down the same peak HP.....you can only hold an injecter open for so long [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I just hear that the juice is much more refined on the street.

Duno though, I have no personal experience. And probably wont have experience with more than 1 box since I will only buy one. Unless I can get someone to trade boxes with me for a short period of time or drive a similar max with a different box.

You look into quadzilla? Seems to be a good tuner with some diagnostic stuff like the predator with much better tuning.

I like the juice for 1 main reason though. If I need to take it into the dealer it takes less than 5 minutes to yank the box since its a piggy back unit. Reflash "chips" might be a pain if the truck aint running [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] And the dealer can see how many flashes your truck has. Probably not a big deal but I want as few headaches as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode