Well here is the truck in question...
My Chevy truck page at Cardomain.com
For what I will be doing in the truck, a Dana 44 axle holds plenty of beef (at least for now, I haven't quite paid this baby off yet!). I suppose a Dana 60 would be nice, but thats big bucks there...
Everything I am getting for this swap is a direct trade for my main personal computer. I valued my PC and periphs at about 1400 bucks. I work with a guy that is going to get me...
- Custom front dana 44 axle completely rebuilt.
- Custom bracketry - due to him being quite the metal
- Dana 60 axle - completely rebuilt - for the rear.
- All of the leaf packs.
- Complete crossover steering system.
- Custom front and rear driveshafts
- The pleasure of getting all of this stuff nearly
The only thing left is to find a competent person to install the kit. The guy getting me the parts says he may be able to do it for me, if he has time. He says he only needs two days to do the work, which with all of the equipment he has, I can believe.
Maybe if I bribe him with some nice Budweiser bottles....