brakes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

brakes

ok my truck is having issues again with the brakes. it started yesterday i guess i was stopping and the back right brake squeeled funny today i was leaving work and i was stopped at a light i pulled up a little and i had no pedal pressure hardley then right before i came to compleate stop it hit hard. i let off and eged up again and it did it again this was with a/c on. i turned it off and it did ok on the interstate i guess i went really slow incase. i got to another stop light and was stopping and it happened no pedal then wham rock hard. any ideas? my brakes have always been funny but i got a computer from the junk yard and they corrected them self for a while i have a code reader i am going to check the code i have an extra booster and some other parts if it might be them. any help would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 09:14 PM

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Re: brakes

I have no clue. it is a stock 89 brake system it is rwal computer it has a booster but i have no clue about brakes. if this helps when i push the pedal and look at the resivour the fluid splashes around it did this before when we were trying to bleed them it would shoot out i dont know if this is normal. i checked the code but it just stayed solid light and i dont think i have ever got a brake code from it before correctly. when the truck is off and i pump the pedal it builds pressure but it never stays solid i cant see anywhere that it is leaking. i am going to stop by a brake shop in hopes for a free estimate but any help here would be more useful. thanks sorry i have no clue about anything dealing with brakes. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode