Quick help - shipping a car - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Quick help - shipping a car

Has anyone shipped a car? How did you do it? Who did you use? What were the costs? Do they insure the car?

I might have a buyer for my camaro and will be needing to ship it a few states.......thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 11:01 AM
ratlover

Re: Quick help - shipping a car

Do a search on line for shipping co.....I found that it woulda been cheaper for me to drive to Az rent a trailer and drive it back then pay a co to do it for me. Drive and fly back? or a bus? airfair is cheap now. or a friend following you? if its in IL somewhat on my way and he can wait till oct 11 you could sponge a ride off me back. Weres it need to go?

Or talk to Pat and throw him a few bones, if he is anything like me he looks for reasons to hook stuff up to his truck and drag it around [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 11:26 AM

I was looking at buying a 98 crew cab long bed dually 1 ton chevy that was non-running (broke camshaft) and it was in Texas. The companies I talked to were 1500-2000 to do the move... It's cheaper if the vehicle can be driven on and off the trailer and not have to be winched or whatever...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

shoot...im not to worried about the price because i wont be paying it, that would be the responsibility if the buyer. but i was just wondering....i told him im only 15 minutes away from an airport so maybe he will see the difference in prices and just fly up and drive back. i bet that would be alot cheaper after seeing some of your price experiences.
thanks fellas
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 12:19 AM

go to ebay.com and theyve got this DAS auto shipping. I think it was quoting me like 1000 to ship it from NY to TX. it's not a bad deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode