Off Roading Forums banner

OT- Paging Willys

770 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  willyswanter 
#1 ·
Do you have a wiring diagram for the head unit on an 86' Pontiac Fiero? Thanks a lot if you can get one, I've looked all over for one but can't find one.

#2 ·
I think his program only goes back til 90 or so. Not meaning to hijack this post, but i was about to page willy's too, so i figured i just do it here and save him a step.

I'm going to build a budget system in our boat (mastercraft prostar190 with the Lt1), and i'm going to use my old alpine tape deck as the head unit. It'll mainly be used for the radio, so i need a good antenna. Does your shop do any boat installs? If so, what do u reccomend for an antenna? And where is teh best place to get one? Thanks a lot!

#3 ·
PitViper:

dhcomp:

I would go with a painted metal base with 14" rubber mast antennae. They work well and the rubber won't rust away plus is short and is flexible. Good for an evironment where it will be hit alot. Scosche sells a nice one and I believe Radio Shack carries these, by Scosche and other brands. Basically all the same. They retail for $12.99.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#7 ·
Thanks for the response. Someone mentioned using a wire one to tape in the hull in the bow storage. Whats your opinion? I was hoping for something that wouldn't be seen. I've seen the wire style antenna for home stereo's, but i don't know how i would connect it to an automotive deck. Thanks!

#10 ·
The sky is blue because all smurfs go to heaven...

Those home type ones don't work all that well unless amplified. I would use an automotive one made to stick to window glass. They have the right connector on them already and have adhesive on one side. Pretty simple.

#12 ·
It's usually called glass mount antennae. But if you do a search, you will get matches of like through the glass antennaes and such for cell phones. If you go to Rat Shack, I'm sure they will probably have some, if not they will tell you where to go. I know where I can order them, but I'm not sure on local shops that would have them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.