Off Roading Forums banner

k&n

418 views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I am thinking about getting the K&N FIPK for my 95tbi. I have the plain filter right but when i do get the fipk will i need the filter or does it replace the whole center piece where the old air filter is?

Black Chevy Extended CabZ71 with 285 MaxxisMudders

#2 ·
I just put on the K&N FIPK on my 95. It replaces everythng. The old filter and tube crap that connects to the side of the engine compartment (air silencer?) is replaced. Also it comes with the K&N filter. By the way, my "service engine soon" light comes on periodically when i have the truck ideling, both in park and drive. Does anyone else have this problem?

G
#3 ·
I have heard if you disconnect the battery then put it back on it will re-set the computer. Or check if you have any air leaks after your air sensor because this will throw your fuel/air mix way off causing one of your sensors to trip the engine light.

G
#5 ·
remember i was having problems with my engine light coming on at speeds of 50+. Turns out it was my egr valve. Doesn't come on any more. So Jekyll i am not saying replace your egr valve but maybe have your truck checked on a computer to be sure. ps probably nothing serious.

Black Chevy Extended CabZ71 with 285 MaxxisMudders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.